twenty four

it was a thursday afternoon.

and jungkook had somehow made it through the whole four days of hellish finals. he seemed to fly through it, whether it be because of study time paying off or him just guessing on an entire sheet of paper.

throughout the whole testing period, jungkook tried to bring namjoon's mentoring to mind and remember the things they went over. it was a bit hard for him to recall but he remembered a little bit. it appeared to have been enough of his memory that got him at least halfway through the test with a solid hope he might pass.

he was just glad its over, since today had been the last day of testing.

jungkook hurled himself up the stairs to the door of jimin's, and now his as well, door. he rooted his keys up from his pocket and fumbled to the correct one in order to push open the door. then, he stepped inside and tossed his backpack behind a chair like usual, also slipping his shoes into the small cupboard shelf, fresh air hitting feet like they had been suffocating.

he just really wanted to lay down and take a nap. all of his countless studying hours and endless memorization notes that required other methods of analyzing to comprehend even a tiny fraction of them— hit him in the soul all at once. he was just flat out exhausted to the core.

taking a moment to look around, he moved to the arched doorway leading the living room and was suddenly met with a loud, "happy no-more-finals!"

the loud clap of sound made him freeze on the spot and his head jerk to attention, surprise stunning him in his place.

jimin stood there at the coffee table with namjoon at his side, and jin on the couch, a cake nestled in his lap like it was his baby. all three stood there smiling, clapping and with confetti horns popping open to spray the sprinkles everywhere.

jungkook was still pretty bewildered at the surprise and it took him a moment to come back to his senses, and blink at them to hopefully calm his widened eyes.

jin and namjoon smirked. "aw did we scare you jungkookie?" the two carefully slid the cake onto the coffee table and ran over to him. namjoon threw an arm around his shoulders and ruffled his hair. jin wrapped an arm around his waist and chuckled at jungkooks deflated reaction.

"no, you didn't. what is this anyways?" jungkook told him. namjoon's lips grew a cheeky grin and he glanced swiftly to jin.

"we knew you had been stressed over these exams for awhile now, and we wanted to celebrate you surviving." jin said, "we also know how much of a procrastinator you are." jungkook pouted at this, earning a hearty laugh from jin that sounded like squeaky clean windows. "and i made you a cake."

before jin could say anything else, jungkook threw his arms around him and hugged him, happily smiling all the while.

"thanks hyung! i appreciate it!"

when jungkook pulled away, namjoon set a hand on his head. "did my lectures help you any?" he asked. jungkook smiled warmly.

"yes they did actually. im glad you helped me when i needed it, and thank for the tips too." jungkook stared up at namjoon with his doe eyes and it was hard to resist how sincere jungkook was being. he was never usually like this so it brought a kind of joy to his heart.

"no problem kook-ah."

jungkook managed to wriggle out of his hyungs grasp and move over to the cake, stepping around jimin as he followed him with his eyes.

"was it tough?" jimin murmured to him. jungkook crouched down and peered closely at the cake below them.

it was a small one, but enough for the four of them. it had small intricate designs all over it, each one dissipating into another and all of them together formed some bigger picture that jungkook couldn't quite make out. he never knew jin had been a poet of any kind.

"yeah," jungkook nodded, standing straight once again. "it was."

"all because of me calling namjoon over for you," jimin crossed his arms and made a teasing face. "a thank you would be very nice you know."

jungkook rolled his eyes at his smug hyung and continued to smile fondly anyways. he pulled the older close and hugged him, "thank you for helping me. helping me and helping me understand much more than just my schoolwork." he relaxed just slightly as jimin hugged him back. "and thank you for understanding me," he whispered.

jimin stepped away and smiled a soft smile, feeling satisfied and empathetic for the other.

"and you're very welcome jungkookie."

the two diverted their attention elsewhere and it was soon on jin and namjoon who had come over. jin held a knife out to jungkook, an encouraging smile busting at the seams of his cheeks.

"go on and cut the cake jungkook!" jin told him. jungkook took the knife from him and smiled gratefully at them all.

"to a good score and all of my hyungs help!" jungkook called out. he blew out the single candle on top of the beautiful cake and sliced it into four equal pieces for them all. "thank you for helping me when i needed it!"

then they all began to eat happily, enjoying the peace and good vibes in the air around them.

this was a completely random celebration, but jungkook had enjoyed it to the absolute fullest so far. because it was for him, and he had never been celebrated in anyway before. he was glad he was now, and he was thankful to his hyungs for it. he liked the happiness around him.

he was happy.

namjoon and jin stood away from jungkook. they were side by side and laughing together, and after hearing bits of the conversation, jungkook presumed they were having a laugh over how smart they were.

"did you plan this?" jungkook looked to the side. jimin stood there with him, closer than usual. he shook his head.

"no jin did. i had the cake idea though," jimin laughed. "i know how much you love sweets and food in general." jungkook grinned and looked at jimin, eyes quirked to match his grin.

"oh really?"

jimin smiled also.

"and ive done so many things for you, im expecting a little something in return you know." jungkook tilted his head to the side. "speaking of things in return, we haven't spent our day together yet have we? now that finals are over it can be anytime soon."

jungkook shrugged, "sure."

suddenly jimin pushed him backwards, making jungkook take a few steps towards the wall behind him.

"actually how about instead of just a day together, let's make it a whole day date hm?" jimin murmured to him. jungkook blushed deep red, cheeks as hot as a flame.

"w-what?" he spluttered. jimin's lips grew a smirk.

"go on a date with me for a whole day."

jungkook blinked rapidly, unable to process thoughts or any feelings besides tension into his mind.

"you do owe me kookie," jimin whispered close to him. with a defeated slump of his head, and a relax of his shoulders jungkook sighed.

"f-fine."

jimin chuckled lightly, "so how about on friday night into saturday morning? that's sounds eventful." jimin breathed minty breath down jungkook's shirt making him shudder. jungkook bounced a sheepish nod.

"sure," he choked out, managing to not stutter out a reply finally. jimin smiled with glee and pushed himself away from the wall behind jungkook.

"sounds like a plan. i'll pick you up from school then."

"okay," jungkook stared down at his toes, his posture straight and alert. jimin giggled and pat his arm, touch lingering as he walked away to jin and namjoon who were arguing over something in the kitchen.

jungkook stayed behind, leaned against the wall with small huffs of air leaving his mouth. a blush still warmed his cheeks and he could feel his heart still racing like it was after some prey.

what was jimin doing to him?

//I had the WORST cramps of my entire life this morning and I genuinely wanted to die :')