ten

"i don't want to go inside."

jimin and jungkook still sat in jimin's car, jimin staring at jungkook and jungkook glaring out the window. he had his arms crossed and his lips pursed together. he was being completely, utterly and entirely, stubborn. refusing to go inside jimin's roomy apartment where it was warm, and where he could get some bandages for his wounds that seemed to come from anywhere.

"i barely know you," jungkook mumbled. jimin shook his head and brought a hand to his forehead, pinching the bridge of his nose firmly between his thumb and index finger.

jimin was offering jungkook hospitality but he still insisted on them being barely acquaintances. at that thought, jimin huffed.

"but you can admit we are at least friends," jimin protested. he was slightly fed up, but there had to be a reason jungkook was being this way.

"friends? more like victim and kidnapper!" jungkook snapped back and didn't look jimin's way in the slightest.

jimin rolled his eyes and decided he would force jungkook out. he started by going around to his side and pulling him out, only to usher him up to his apartment. jungkook took note of how much more up-kept and nice jimin's place was compared to his own. he even dared to think it was luxurious compared to his.

"jungkookie, let's sit," jimin gently took jungkook's wrist with one hand and with the other he placed it against jungkook's back, continuing to usher him forward. however, the moment he touched his back, jungkook cried out and flinched away from jimin's hands. jimin's eyes widened and he looked at jungkook's bewildered face in a shocked flurry.

"sorry..." jimin choked out. he hadn't meant to hurt the other in any way at all. he didn't even know there was an injury under the shirt of his. and that only went to show him that his wounds may be a bit more extensional than he originally thought. jungkook glared at jimin.

it wasn't that jungkook didn't trust jimin... he just... didn't want to be left alone again. or called names, or hurt again. not to mention, jimin made him nervous. he was too nice and he'd never met anyone so generous. and he made him feel weird. and he kidnapped him. maybe not really, but really. he kidnapped him.

the two sat on the couch, a bit distanced.

"anyways... first of all, where did you get those injuries?" jimin asked, peering at jungkook with gentle eyes. jungkook didn't answer him. he just looked at the wall with his arms wrapped tightly around himself. "tell me... please."

"why?"

"because..."

"it's not your business,"

"is this how you react when someone is worried about you?"

at this, jungkook went quiet for a moment, "i can't tell you."

jimin's mine jumped to its own conclusion and decided for itself. "look, jungkook i know you might think i called you ugly back there but trust me, you are far from it, and i wasn't calling you any names."

"no it's not that," jungkook shook his head with a soft sigh.

"then what is it?"

"i just," jungkook looked down, and was noticeably sad. "i don't know if i can trust you."

jimin's breath left him as he let this sink in. not trust him? the thought made his stomach gurgle with queasiness. why was he so worried about the fact that jungkook may see him as an untrustworthy person, thus not worthy of his time? he didn't want to seem overbearing. was that it? was he too straightforward? jimin shook his head and sighed. facing the situation as it is was a much better method he'd learnt than overthinking and getting lost in his doubts.