fifteen

it had been two days.

two days since jimin and jungkook agreed on rooming together. they had already sat down with jimin's own landlord and signed the contract. everything was basically set with it in paper.

so, during the last two days, jimin had been helping jungkook move his things out of his place and into jimin's condo. he would be staying with him, yet in a spare room of his. he would need some furniture, but the basics were already there such as a bed and a few shelves. it just needed a bit of cleaning done that was all.

it hadn't been too much work to move packages from one residence to his, but something had continued to pester at jimin's conscious ever since they had started to pack for the move. he had been trying to figure out a reason why jungkook couldn't be staying at his place anymore.

of course it could be personal, and even not his business, but he was moving in with him now. they would need to be honest with each other. plus jimin was also a bit worried for jungkook.

so he just decided to ask.

"hey jungkookie," jimin called out and slammed the trunk lid down as he did so. the younger lifted his head and looked at him in confusion. "how come you can't stay here anymore?"

when the words left jimin's mouth, jungkook's face seemed to fall into a slight frown.

"well, i just don't have the time for a job and so i don't have any money for it. plus the building is falling apart and the landlord is trying to get everyone out one way or another." jungkook explained.

"even if it leaves you homeless?" jimin raised his brows high, surprised at how dirty the owner was.

jungkook shrugged. "i guess so."

from what jimin could tell was that even though jungkook tried, the amount of money that was needed just couldn't be met. and so the landlord evicted him quick and simple, no matter the problems that arise for the person at the other end of the deal.

"oh," jimin nodded simply and turned back to the car, going around to his side and opening the door.

"..which is why im thankful to you for letting me stay with you," jungkook spoke out out of outwhere. jimin looked across the roof of the car to see jungkook smiling at him.

he had been doing more of that lately. smiling. smiling so genuinely and not so fake that it made jimin's insides tingle. and just now, made his heart flutter.

he had to take a breath before speaking to calm his insides from leaping out of his mouth.

"and im glad you agreed to stay," jimin said. he smiled with warmth in his face at the younger and ducked into the car. a moment after jungkook got inside as well, and the two went to jimin's place where they would both be living together in peace.

they got back and jungkook took upon the task of moving his things inside. jimin had said he'd be more than willing to help but jungkook denied him. if he was going to live under jimin's roof, he needed to show that he could still take care of himself. he didn't need pity, or to be treated like a baby. anything but like a child.

once he had his boxes set in what was now his own room, he looked over at jimin who sat cross legged on the bed that he would be sleeping in.

when jungkook looked at him, he saw an elegance in his features that somehow needed to be released. he didn't know how, but perhaps it was his artist-y side calling to him. jimin seemed to be just vibrant in a way. and jungkook thought that his vibrancy seemed to be obvious from the moment he saw him.

jungkook found himself making a breezy eye contact with the other.

"thank you for letting me stay again jimin... really im so thankful." jungkook murmured softly. he almost felt like he was telling jimin his deepest secrets when he said just a simple thank you. he felt in some way like he was vulnerable when he thanked him or even apologized. when he even showed the older true emotion such as laughing at a joke instead of playing it off with a stiff smile. he was letting jimin in, and that scared jungkook.

but he had to constantly remind himself that jimin was his friend. that he was there for him. that he could let him peel down one wall at a time. yet he was still careful. jungkook didn't know if jimin would abandon him or throw him out. insult him or passively try to make him his toy.

these thoughts were the ones that had made jungkook's life so dark for such a long time. doubt, fear, self-hate. he knew he shouldn't let them plague his every word, his every movement, his every notion to the point that they practically dictated his life with a crown that reigned with such supremacy that he could only cower in its shadow.

yet the moment he noticed jimin. the moment he saw him. him with his kindness and evident warmth, he seemed to know. to know that jimin was going to do something in his life, whatever it may be.

"okay jungkook," jimin stood from his place and put jungkook in a headlock. "stop thanking me. i appreciate it, but it almost feels like you think im going to use this against you. im not some drug dealer or something,"

jungkook struggled in his tight clasp and looked up through a meager amount of his hair. "but—"

"don't worry about it, okay?" the older released him and paced to the door. he looked over his shoulder at jungkook who had his eyes with such wariness in them, on him. something about that wariness made jimin sad and he couldn't deal with the empty hole that opened up in his chest when he saw it.

"i'll let you get settled in and stuff. plus, its pretty late," jungkook confirmed this by glancing at the small glass opening in his wall. it was painted completely with a darkness that told him just what time of day it is.

jimin opened the door and rotated his eyes back to his front, "ill see you in the morning. good night jungkookie." he stepped into the hall and brought the door to a close behind him. he let the door linger open for some remaining heartbeats longer, listening, waiting for an answer. but he didn't get one.

and that was fine. jimin didn't need a goodnight from jungkook, he didn't need him to open up so soon. he wouldn't push him. but he would show him that it was okay, and that it was safe ground here for him to step out of his shell.

however, jimin hadn't waited long enough. because another beat of his drumming heart later, jungkook smiled to himself.

and said with such a soundless tone, with such fragility, "good night hyung."

//goodnight you guys
or goodmorning
or goodday