thirty three

"so what do you want to do now?" jimin asked, moving his head to look at the younger. now that they were free from the hospital and the people inside it, they could do what they wanted. plus it was a saturday and they didn't have any plans, jimin especially.

if he did think about doing anything, he didn't have any ideas.

"do you think we could get something to eat? im kinda hungry after seeing those doctors and doing all those examinations." jungkook peered over to him with a shy smile.

"sure," jimin pulled him across the street by the wrist when there was no one coming. "what do you want to get?"

"barbecue!" jungkook's eyes lit up like fireworks when he was asked the question. presumably because he never got to choose before. with a chuckle jimin and jungkook got into the car.

"cmon then."

they drove out of the hospitals parking lot and through town. jimin pulled up to jungkook's all time favorite barbecue restaurant.

jungkook had mentioned it before at the table over dinner when they just happened to be having one of their normal chats about literally anything that popped out of their mouths. this particular time it happened to be food that was the topic and jungkook began his long speech on his declaration of love for barbecue, duck meat, and lam skewers.

strangely the information hadn't ever left jimin's memory, and it was now proving useful information.

"wait you don't have to take me here! if you have a place to try we can go there!" jungkook suddenly exclaimed. jimin looked at him in confusion.

"what?" but realization kicked in and he knew what jungkook was doing. pulling the same thing he had done ever since he moved in with jimin.

he didn't want to be given things he thought he didn't deserve. he didn't like to be pitied. he didn't like to be babied. he didn't like it when others took care of him because he thought it was a sign of weakness. and he hated being seen as weak.

jimin sighed out loud, and shook his head. side to side in a gentle motion that got jungkook looking at him in confusion like he had before.

"jungkook, we are just getting food okay? it's food. a necessity of the human body. it's okay." jimin told him. the other stared back at him, face blank and eyes searching his for any other supposed reason for this.

then he looked away and sighed as well. "okay." he mumbled. "lets go in."

the two of them went in, side by side and their hands brushing. it made jungkook get a lump in his throat. the feeling of their skin together sent sparks of electricity into his body that jolted his core in soft nudges.

jungkook wasn't on earth as jimin talked to the front booth, requesting a table from the waiter standing in it. he only thought about the feeling jimin gave him earlier in the car.

when he had been staring so openly into his eyes that he could feel the sincerity in not only his words, but he could see it in his eyes. jimin really didn't see him as weak. see saw him as the exact opposite.

the two males were seated at a table for two near the back of the restaurant. they ordered waters to start with and hid behind their menus. jungkook took brave glances over the top of his brochure and was lucky when jimin didn't catch him looking. he leaned back, relieved.

jungkook needed to shake this feeling before he went on to embarrass himself in front of jimin. a thing that would make jungkook crawl into a hole and hide forever if it ever did happen.

he would forget about this feeling that affected him in unnatural ways over dinner. surely some food in his stomach would calm his nerves.

calm the feeling of waves washing over his lungs, preventing him from breathing any longer and only brushes of air whisking over his lips as if to tease him with the taste of air, with each second he looked at jimin. calm the thoughts that wandered to what it would feel like to hold jimin's hand in his, the beats of their hearts thumping together in a rhythm that created their very own personal song, held together by merely the clasp of fingers between fingers and the pad of a hand against another.

"so what are you gonna get?"

those words snapped jungkook back to reality and he swallowed, mouth now dry.

"uh, ill get the barbecued duck meat like usual." jungkook answered. he looked up from the menu to jimin staring at him from across the table.

"oh, im getting something similar to that," jimin looked down the moment jungkook met his eyes. had he been staring the whole time?

"okay.."

jimin cursed mentally in his head. jungkook caught him staring and that was something he hadn't thought would happen. he looked really focused on his menu so he didn't expect jungkook to look up so suddenly.

"so," jimin watched jungkook's hand reach out and lift his glass of water to his lips. lips taking a gulp of the liquid into his mouth and adam's apple bobbing with a swallow. jimin licked his lips and looked down once again. he couldn't be as obvious as he had been earlier. "how did you come to figure this place out?"

"well.." jimin looked up confidentially now, hoping to meet jungkook's face and not be scared to stare into his eyes. "one of my hyungs, yoongi-hyung had taken me out one day for lamb skewers since we are the only ones among our friends who can eat them. but the store was closed and i was really upset. so to make it up to me, he took me here."

jungkook was beaming at the memory when jimin finally sat up straight and looked at him. it tickled at his irritation and he could feel the jealously starting to stir up inside him.

"from then on i came here often with other friends and sometimes alone because i liked the food so much." he finished, smile so wide and bright he could blind someone.

"oh... lucky thing i took you back here then huh?" jimin teased. jungkook blushed slightly and averted his eyes.

"yeah about that, thanks." he mumbled. jimin bumped his knee with his under the table, making jungkook look at him in surprise.

"no prob," jimin smiled fondly at him.

then the waiter approached them once again with a notepad, making jimin and jungkook break away their intense gaze of... something.

"ready to order?" the waiter asked them cheerily, looking back and forth between the two of them.

"yep." with one last lingering glance at jungkook, jimin looked at the waiter.

the waiter smiled brightly. "good! now what can i get you?"

//my eyes are so heavy im so tired for school is exhausting