twenty nine

jimin carried jungkook straight home, the bullets overhead not letting up on him in any way. it seemed nothing wanted to pay jimin and the younger in his arms any mercy. there was no sympathy in the harsh wind that chopped thinly at his face, and no grace in the rain that pelted into his body all around him.

it was ironic. knowing how he usually enjoyed a nice view of the rain, occasionally even a run while a soft downpour blessed the city sickened with a drought. but now, the rain didn't seem to care about the joy he held in the past. nor did it seem to notice the vicious curses that slipped from his lips as he clambered across the soaked sidewalk.

water had splashed up from the massive puddles and soaked his jeans up the low part of his ankle. his sneakers squelched with water too.

jungkook had his face hidden in jimin's shirt, the hood of his hoodie pulled up to hide the dark locks of hair and his head. one hand gripped the fabric of jimin's sleeve tightly as well. it was the only thing telling jimin jungkook was conscious.

as jimin took his first step up his stairwell, he slipped. teeth clamped down tight in order to prevent an ugly sentence from escaping the bars of his mouth.

by now neither of the males cared about how soaked they were, or the amount of unbearable distress they were experiencing.

jimin pushed inside his apartment, slamming the door to a close behind him with his foot. he then went straight to the den and set jungkook down on the couch despite his wet clothing, his fingers lingering on his shoulders for just a moment.

jungkook honestly felt dead. and jimin wanted to somehow help his state as of now.

jimin sat beside jungkook and frowned at him. the younger shuddered nonstop, teeth chattering together and hands wringing together at a steady pace. his arms were crossed tightly across his chest.

jimin drug out this pained silence for a moment longer before he spoke up, "kookie-ah..."

the moment he said something jungkook shrunk up and hid his face in his knees. curled up in a fetal position like he had been in the past.

jungkook didn't want to look at jimin. jimin was kind, too kind, to him and he had remained that way to him the whole time he'd known him. someone so... good shouldn't have to look at a disgusting human like him. he was a disgrace.

"i want to die," jungkook whispered suddenly. the words caught jimin off guard and he flinched. after his momentary surprise, the older knit his brows together in anger.

he was angry at himself. angry at jungkook. angry at the ones who were the source of his words. angry at the thugs that had made it this way.

jimin lunged forward and grabbed jungkook's chin, pulling him forward and looking straight in his large eyes. for the first time since finding him, jimin noticed they were shot wide with fear, and there were flickers of pain, of betrayal, of suffering in his eyes.

it hit jimin in the chest when he saw how shattered his will was. he had to show in some way that he was needed, loved, cherished. and not just by anyone, by jimin.

that jungkook didn't deserve or need to die. and that no matter what his friends or anybody else thought of him, that he would always be loved by jimin.

without a moments hesitation jimin pulled jungkook forward and pushed his mouth against the others in a soft, brief kiss.

jungkook had frozen in shock, and his eyes were shot wide open. it took him a moment to force his body to relax, breathing out a puff of air he hadn't even realized he was holding in.

then jimin pulled away, touch lingering on jungkook for only a millisecond longer.

"i love you jungkook," he murmured gently, almost as if his words would shatter jungkook if they were too high a frequency. "and i.. don't want you to die.." saying those words however was not easy for the male, having to put his chest into it in order to get them out. he just knew, spur of the moment maybe, that he had to voice his feelings.

the one across from him stared. struck in a daze that had his mind contemplate what had just hit his ears. it had come as nothing short of a surprise. did jimin really mean it though? was he really in love with him?

the thought of it being true made jungkook crack open. he pushed himself into jimin's chest and sobbed. his cries were muffled by the shirt jimin wore but they were also long and sad, and completely audible. the sound of them stabbed jimin in the heart each time a new one left his mouth.

instantly jimin wrapped his arms around jungkook, linking his hands together to assist the action of cradling the younger as close as possible. jimin murmured comforting words into his ear, hoping to sooth whatever had caused these heartaching cries of... pain? misery? but then again it almost sounded a little like relief. jimin didn't have any type of sure clue either way, so he let the thought be cast out into the endless space of his mind.

and once again ignoring their soaking wet clothes, he lifted jungkook back up and carried him to his bedroom. there he helped jungkook out of the drenched clothing encasing his lithe body, other than his underwear. jungkook didn't seem to care like he usually did. he just stood there, tears glistening on his face.

jimin pulled his clothes off as well, only to slip on a pair of gym shorts and a t-shirt. then he wrapped jungkook in a large, soft blanket that nearly buried him in its folds. he led the younger to his bed and coaxed him under the covers, only to pull him close to his body once again.

there, they laid together in silence.

the two were thinking, but also focused on not moving a muscle. it might take a little pushing to admit it but they both liked this. they liked the presence of the other, their smell, the pattern of their breathing. it was calming in many ways for them both.

jungkook was the first to disrupt the silence, but not in a loud way. instead his voice was low and soft, only a hushed whisper falling from his mouth.

"thank you jimin," he mumbled. although his face was once again hidden in jimin's chest, the older male had heard it. loud and clear, the first good words he had said since he got home. it made him smile.

pulling him flush against his chest, although he basically already was, jimin pushed a soft kiss on the crown of jungkook's head. he didn't dare try to pull jungkook away from his chest because he knew it wouldn't be right to. plus, jungkook looked a whole lot more at ease now than before hand.

jimin also knew he should be the one thanking jungkook really.

before he knew it his eyes drooped down and a quiet yawn overcame him. but he had yet to reply to jungkook's thanks. so he nestled his chin into the top of jungkook's head, the dark locks of hair tickling his chin and he managed a weary smile.

"you're welcome jungkook." he mumbled. then he finally gave in to the tempting cloud of sleep, and drifted off into a brooding slumber.

//THE LAST SEASON OF GOT CAME ON AND OMG DANY MIGHT END UP BAD