Chapter 2

My eyes flutter as I open them just as my heart does when I hear someone else's presence in the dark room, their steady breathing disturbed by my own rapid pattern of respiration.

My vision doesn't change much when it comes to what I see currently from when I had my eyes closed. In both cases, the answer is nothing. Wolves have better sight in the dark than humans yet I still can only make out slight contours of a figure in front of my limp and tired body.

"Who are you?" I ask, my voice hoarse so I clear my throat, feeling the urge for a drink of water. I hear two steps being taken towards me and hold my breath, my own heartbeat ringing in my ears. The silhouette waits a few moments before speaking, tension building in this prison that I am in.

"Your worst nightmare."

His voice sounds intimidating and husky, attractive. I breathe in his scent, also finding it quite pleasing but one I have not come across previously. He's not someone I know even though I can't see him to completely approve of that theory.

My first thought: Daniel. All these times of having it drilled into my head that he is a monster caused this but I doubted that the unwanted presence in the same room as me had anything to do with him at all.

"Someone you've quite possibly heard of before. Does the name Anderson ring any bells?" He adds and I can almost hear the grin on his face that I cannot see.

At that moment I realise I couldn't be more wrong thinking I'll never see him or have a chance to meet him. I breathe in heavily, starting to panic. He's going to kill me. Daniel Anderson is going to kill me!
Why wouldn't he? It's what he does.

My surroundings suddenly lit up, and after a few hard blinks of adjusting my sight to the blinding light, a man carved by God himself was standing before me. His sculpted body was resting against the wall as the smirk on his face fades when we make eye contact, instead is replaced by utter shock.

His crossed arms he used as a tool for my kidnapping are strong and I can see his defined abs through his tight top that he is wearing. His hair is dark and so are his eyes as they stare right at me, widened just as mine are.

The swirls of brown in his orbs mix with a deep green I am so incredibly familiar with - coming across it every time I set my wolf free through a forest - and progressively turn darker until emerald is no longer to be seen but replaced by the charcoal shade of lust, sin and domination: his whole ipesity.

His jaw line becomes more prominent as he tenses his body and presses his teeth together.

"You're my mate?" I gasp, not controling whatever came out of my mouth. It was more of a statement than a question; my loud thoughts I couldn't keep behind my tongue.

His eyes narrow sharply, he stands up not leaning against the wall anymore, looking tall and like he's about to crush me. He's definitely confused but what about me? I was the kidnapped one here and I don't even know why! And now it turns out the person behind that is my mate...

He walks closer to me at a steady pace. In a situation like this I would back away until my back would meet against the wall of the trap I'm in and my brain is telling me to do just that. For some reason, I cannot move though. Instead of moving away from him, I feel the need to get closer which is just ridiculous so I'm glued to that one spot on the floor instead, meeting my contradicting self halfway for that decision.

He crouches down beside me, looking deeper into my eyes. For a split second I feel like he's going to kiss me but he reaches for my face with his hand instead, lifting my chin up. I feel the impulses running through my whole body, a shiver following through.
He feels it too, I'm sure of it, but tries to hide the effect we both have on one another.