Chapter 21

CHAPTER 21 CONTINUED...

Once again I wake up feeling sore, even more so than last time. Daniel didn't bother saving any energy last night and it really did show.

I turn to expect him sleeping still, but find the bed empty instead.

I tie a silk robe over myself and then make my way downstairs. Instead of Daniel, I find Alex which I'll admit surprises me slightly.

"Good morning." He smiles at me.

"Morning." I reply, walking further into the kitchen to get a glass of water. "How long are you staying here for?" I ask.

"Just today I think. I need to get back to my pack."

"Yeah, Daniel predicted that." I nod.

"Well I guess he knows me well. He's known me all his life." Alex shrugs. "Do you have any siblings?"

I shake my head.

"You're lucky. The only one I like is Alice." He chuckles and I laugh.

"To be honest, same." I joke, joining.

"So, Daniel huh? Who would have thought he would be the first to find and accept his mate, despite being the oldest." He shakes his head slightly, in thought.

"You haven't found your mate yet?" I ask.

"No, I've got time though. No rush, not like I need one."

"Urgh, you sound like the old Daniel." I evidently roll my eyes. "What is it with your family just thinking you can live the single life?"

"I don't know. I guess we've always been taught independence and not relying on anything and anyone. If I did, I would have some low rank at this pack and wouldn't get anywhere." He mumbles.

"You wouldn't have a low rank, you'd probably be a Beta." I point out.

"But now I'm an Alpha. At age of nineteen." He smirks at me.

"That is very true actually. I heard a little about that." I answer.

Alex presses his lips together nodding at me. I couldn't get over the family resemblance. He however, had a calmer personality than Daniel. My mate seemed very spontaneous and at times irrational because of his quick and large scale decisions. Alex however, even though younger than Daniel, seemed like the type to think more about what the consequences are before taking action.

And Enzo... Let's not even talk about him.

"I'm sure you don't see me in good light because of it. I know what you're thinking; another Anderson that thinks he can take what isn't his." He assumes.

"Actually, I wonder how you did it and the story behind it." I tell him instead.

He smiles at me, not expecting that reaction.

"There was a pack, quite a large one ruled by a rather old Alpha. He was in his fifties." Begins Alex. Alphas often don't pass the age of mid forties because they pass their title over to their sons so being an Alpha that age is classed as pretty old.

"He didn't have children because he never found his mate. I think he probably was the person he was because of it." Alex continues.