Chapter 25

At this moment I have no clue what to think, or how to even react.

Should I let the other two know? Or would that look suspicious?

It would help to know what or who we are dealing with but clearly Jason didn't think it was necessary to explain a point you make, especially this out of context which was helpful.

I decide to turn to Alice first, assuming she was the one in a better state.

"Don't look around you, in fact don't move." I whisper, as she leans in to hear what I have to say, then freezes. "I just got a text from Jason, I think we're in danger." I whisper, showing her my phone screen discreetly.

Alice gives me a quick look, and then turning her head to the side a little, she forces a wide smile. "Whoever it is, they're probably at the back somewhere, it's the best spot to observe us. We have to act like we don't know for now."

She said the whole thing with such a bright expression on her face, that I even questioned if we were talking about the same thing.

Her tactic was good though and both her and Jase were right about one thing; whoever it was, they couldn't know that we were aware. Alice made it look like we were talking about the film, which I thought was a smart move.

We try to look back at the cinema screen, whilst alert but I flinch when I soon get another text.

What girl in their right mind invites her mate's ex out to braid each other's hair?
What are the odds? Keep her alive or I'll tell Garrett you wanna see him. We're coming.

I was glad to see Enzo found humour in the situation where all three of us could die at any moment, by the sound of things. He clearly also cared more about Myra than his own blood and me, which was encouraging.

What added to the seriousness of the situation, was the fact Daniel hasn't sent me a message, or called. This meant that he was either too occupied at his meetings to even notice the commotion, or he was busy draining the blood from his knuckles by grasping onto the steering wheel of his Porsche imperviously, speeding over here right now.

I didn't want to wonder which inevitable death I preferred - the one that I was threatened by currently or Daniel's when he gets here after finding out I left the pack without anyone to protect me and got myself killed.

Not that I would care if I was already dead by the time he did.

"Am I the only one that cannot stand this tension anymore and feels we should do something about this?" Asks Alice suddenly. Her head was still facing the front as she tried not to make it obvious that we are discussing anything.

Myra was still oblivious to this whole thing, her eyes glued to the screen.

I understood Alice completely. Call us stupid for not listening to Jason - which was most probably an order from Daniel - but until you're in a situation where you know you can die at any moment and you're not even allowed to look around, you won't understand the pressure.

I literally felt like I had a gun pointed at my head from behind and didn't know when the trigger would be pulled - and as far as I knew, this could really be the case right now.

We were beginning to feel even more pressured as we noticed that the movie was coming to a close end. I had unanswered questions from the critically limited detail the text messages I received contained. We were not given instructions on what to do when the film finished and everyone started leaving, which would be the scenario soon.