Chapter 4

"Alright well I'm out of here. I'll leave you both to discuss." Jason quickly excuses himself at the sight of his Alpha.
Damn you, Jason, for leaving me here alone with him.

Once the Beta is out the way, Daniel walks towards me. I reach back for anything to grip onto to keep my balance; a wall, bed frame, anything, but I find nothing in the reach of my fingertips or manicured nails.

"Why not? Why are you keeping me here locked up?" I ask, never taking my eyes off his. They captured the whole of me and I couldn't escape the trance I was always in after we made eye contact. It consumed me entirely.

"You're not locked up. You see that door there?" He motions to the bedroom door. "It's open, not locked." Daniel states.

I sigh, feeling frustrated because to be perfectly honest, his smart mouth was the last thing I wanted right now; except maybe against my own lips...

I didn't just say that to myself.

I dodge him, walking to another side of the room, away from him. My back is towards him as I face the window, staring at the outside. I see trees and the landscape in front of me teases my mind with a scent of pine I am craving to smell; to get out there.

"I want to run, let my wolf out." I whisper, not facing him still and not making any effort to escape my moment of transfix.

"I can't let you do that. You'll be harder to control and you'll escape." He explains in a normal tone as I flash him a glare from behind my shoulder. Obviously there's nothing I'd want more than to escape.

"But I guess you can go visit the pack. Just not today." The first sentence gives me a rush of euphoria, only to be killed by what is followed. "Today... I want to focus on you." His feet take him closer to me.

My crossed arms untangle and I reach back for the window sill to lean against as I shuffle back, away from him. He was wearing some black jeans with a simple, white top - a combination I loved on a man, with his defined muscles on his chest showing through a little every time he moved.

"I'm sure that you remember what happened at your old pack when someone found their mate." He begins, looking dead at me. His eyes were rather dark, filled with lasciviousness and danger. "They locked themselves in a room and didn't come out until every pack member was familiar with the sound of their pleasure."

I dig my nails into the wood, nervous and sweaty. I was completely aware of if; it was normal for new mates to mate right after finding each other and I assumed that mine was suggesting it. The difference is that he abducted me.

Things are different.

He's ruthless and without a heart, his actions are proving this to me more with every hour spent in this pack. I'm beginning to know him, his charisma and selfish ways. I would never sleep with him.

"Get away from me." I growl, feeling vulnerable and helpless. I was angry for putting myself into this situation. I shouldn't have left the house that night, I should have listened to my parents, maybe I even should have accepted Nathan's proposal...

To my surprise, he nods at me. "I'll check up on you later. Is there anything you want before I leave? Any desires you may have?" He traces his finger tips from my jaw and down my neck, only very lightly. If I didn't hate him so much right now, perhaps I would have found it amusing how he always turns everything he says into something sexual.

"Food." I frown at him, grabbing his hand to pull it away from me but that action itself floods my body with serotonin.
I was being completely blunt and honest because I was starving; I haven't had anything to eat since yesterday's early afternoon when my life was still methodical and ordinary.