Chapter 11

She injects me with the solution to my heat and gives me a cotton ball to wipe the drop of blood from my arm.

"You're very small so it should have a longer effect on you. But it's much better if you don't allow a second heat to occur when this wears off." She explains.

I'm not happy hearing this. I knew she meant that Daniel and I had to complete our mate bond before this stops working.

"How long do we have?" I ask.

"A few weeks maybe." She answers, not giving me a specific time. "Now if you excuse me, I have a lot if work to do today still." She gathers her stuff.

"Thank you." Daniel tells her. She just nods at him, bows her head slightly and leaves with her white coat and briefcase as quickly as she arrived.

I'm left with him alone in his room now.

"How are you feeling?" He asks me. He sounded like he cared but deep down I felt like he was trying to just make a conversation to diminish the silence.

"The same for now, I think." I admit. It's only been a minute or so since I got the injection so I didn't expect wonders just yet.

"Well it should kick in very soon. Mine already has." He nods, inspecting his arm.

"What?" I ask, confused. I doubted Daniel got an injection to get rid of a heat he didn't have to deal with so understandably, I was confused.

"I got something else injected. Something to help me control myself." He outlines but it still doesn't clear my confusion. "I'm sure you've heard of the whole 'Alpha's not having control' thing."

That was true, I did hear about it. Suposedly the higher up the rank males are, the less control they have over themselves when it came to their mate. I didn't think this was true though because it sounded quite absurd if you ask me.

In fact it sounded like nonsense and an excuse for Alphas to get their already high ego to an even higher level and use it as an excuse for more sex.

"That's a real thing? I didn't think it was..." I say, not trying to hide my confusion.

"Trust me, it's real." He looks me up and down unintentionally. "Don't tell me you don't know the logic behind that either..." He trails off, looking gobsmacked.

"No, actually, I don't. I didn't even think that was true until now, like I said." I explain.

"Remember when I told you about why you got into heat? How it's to speed up the mating process?" He asks and I nod. "Well this has a similar idea around it. Naturally, you'd want the strongest wolves to reproduce to pass only the best genes as a form of natural selection. So Alphas are genetically more sex craving; it's natural and simple."

I tried not to roll my eyes when he was explaining this to me, because I could hear his self-obsession surfacing. He was proud of the fact he was a strong Alpha, that I could tell. His biology lesson made sense to me though and I could understand why things were how they were.

"Alright, I understand." I say.

"Sometimes I wonder if you're even werewolf or human. You seem to know nothing about your own kind." He tells me bluntly.

"Thanks." I smile sarcastically. "So you struggled to keep your hands to yourself, did you?" I tease, just to get back at him for what he said.