Chapter 5

I didn't come out of my room at all that day.

I wanted to make it seem as though I was very hurt about what had happened - which I honestly was - but my mind was planning a way to escape Daniel's pack.

I didn't have breakfast, missed out on lunch. It was now dinner time and both Alice and Daniel have came to knock on my door a few times today already, mostly to persuade me to come down and eat. I asked them both to go away, Alice in the politest way possible, Daniel in the rudest.

She was at my door once again.

"Remi? You should really come down to eat. I cooked some pasta..." Alice calls through the door.

"I'll just stay here, I'm not hungry." I lie. My stomach was empty for at least 24 hours by now but hey, at least I won't gain any weight from the carbs that are served here.

"You are hungry. You haven't had anything to eat all day." She argues.

I had everything planned.

At the moment, I was busy packing a bag with a few essentials and when everyone went to bed, I would go to the kitchen to steal some snack food to add to my luggage.

To walk from Daniel's pack to mine, it would roughly take around eight hours so if I leave tonight, I should be there by morning.
A lot was running through my mind, my heart was beating fast and I was scared. I didn't want to think about the Alpha's reaction to when he finds me gone. Or even worse - if I fail.

"I'll be fine." I reply and hear her sigh, then leave.

I had a while left to wait before I could leave but it was already getting late so I was only hoping that Daniel and Alice would go to sleep soon. I was wearing some black leggings, hoodie and comfy trainers, ready to go. I looked like I was going to a funeral - but if I got caught because I was wearing some neon workout clothes, it would be my own that I would be attending.

There was a route I already created in my head, just to avoid any pack territory. Unclaimed land is the only possible way to travel and reach your destination still breathing and not in shreds or a prison cell.

The moonlight was my only companion as I sat and waited for the right moment. I spent that time praying to God for a safe trip.
It became very quiet suddenly, I couldn't hear any more conversations or people walking around. I tilt my head to check the time.

11:49.
Time to go.

So I get up on my feet, tighten the laces of my trainers and grabbing the small backpack, I make my way down the stairs. I was careful to not make any noise as I went down one step at a time. The whole house looked almost empty, everyone locked in their own rooms. It was the perfect opportunity to escape.

I visit the kitchen and stuff whatever I could find into the bag. Crisps, chocolate bars and a bottle of water. I wasn't being picky, I had no time to plan a healthy meal on the go.
Eagle-eyed, I leave the pack house.

There are a few guards patrolling the area so I'm careful to avoid any confrontation with them. If they saw me out at this time, I'm sure they would question it.

I hide behind buildings in the pack district to make sure nobody sees me. The only time I can comfortably take a breath again is when I'm safe in the cover of the forest.
And that's when I begin to run.