Chapter 3

Resting against the bed is Daniel, shirtless. He's got a smug expression after seeing how startled I got, not knowing he was there.
My eyes dart below his face, admiring his toned body and gathering every detail almost already feeling the warmth against my palm if I was to rest my hand on his chest.

"What are you doing here?" I ask, suddenly feeling very exposed.

"I wanted to see you, check if you were okay." He mumbles but the words he tells me don't seem to fit the character of a brutal Alpha he is known for, so I find them hard to believe. His eyes are not on mine at all, instead they wander down below at my figure.

I cock my head to the side. "If I'm okay? Well I just got drugged and taken away from my home against my free will, I've never been better." I mutter, crossing my arms over my chest in an attempt to cover myself a little more - and add to the effect of anger - but instead it seems to push my boobs up a little, giving Daniel a clearer view.

I want to facepalm myself right now.

He rolls his eyes at my sarcastic reply, gets up and takes a step closer. I try not to seem affected by his masculine frame and defined muscles as his warm breath is almost grazing my skin and flustered cheeks.

"You look hot in that. Can you guess who picked it out for you?" He whispers, his lips lurking by my ear and neck as I hold my own breath, doing my best to keep myself together. I'm an Alpha's daughter, I need to start acting like one.

"It's not that hard to predict who's doing that is. Is that as low as you get? Giving me flashy clothes to change into for your own entertainment?" I muse, raising my brows at him. Where all of that sudden bravery came from, I had no idea.

His concentrated face changes as the edges of his lips curve just a little. "I can get even lower, low enough to be on top of you as you lay on the floor. Need proof for that, Remington?"

The way he says my full name just makes an uncontrolable shiver take over my body for a split second. It felt good, I felt connected and it attracted me to him but his possessiveness and dominance was something I wasn't so fond of.

"I-" My answer isn't completed as Daniel takes a strand of my hair and tucks it behind my ear. The sensation of his skin brushing against mine is enough to leave me speechless and completely vulnerable.

"What was that?" He questions, smirking at the state he left me in after one simple touch. His hand was like a magic wand, knocking the air and voice out of me but in a good way.

"No." I try to sound convincing, answering his previous question.

"Your reaction tells me otherwise. Do you want me, darling?"

"I don't." I say firmly, backing against the wall. I didn't want Daniel. I hated him. Despised him... He took me from my family and trapped me in here with him. I loathed him.

I was undeniably afraid of him.

"If what you're telling me is true, then why is your breathing so rapid? Why are your pupils dilated, staring into mine? Best of all..." He pauses. "Why are you still standing so close to me when you can just move or push me away?" Every true word that leaves his lips brings me a reminder that I craved for anything to do with him. It was overwhelming, to say the least.

I had no clue what was happening to me.

"Why did you bring me here? I want to go home." I plead, closing my eyes and pressing my lips together as I let my face drop.