Chapter 33

"Lucy?" I breathe, absolutely taken aback. I barely knew the girl and it was her all along?

Lucy, the girl that was in Alexander's pack? The one he was friends with? The one that was meant to marry Daniel?

Alex didn't know, did he? I'm sure he didn't. He wouldn't do that to any of us.

"Why?" Alice croaks out. I almost forgot she was here next to me, and realised that she probably feels more betrayed since she knew her so much better.

Lucy rolls her eyes in front of us, beginning to get bored of the questions already.

"Daniel is all I ever wanted," she begins. "And you're just in the way of that now, Remington."

"I don't get it... You were over him! It was years ago!" Alice cuts in. I could already tell how angry she was.

"No." Lucy curtly states, after she walked to be right in front of her. "I was never over him. We were meant to get married."

"And then he told you 'no'. You left and I never saw you again!" Alice argues. She was beginning to get a little aggressive, while I stand there in silence, trying to contemplate and understand everything. And figure out a way to get out of this.

"You never saw me again because I was with Alexander. Conveniently, the same time Daniel told his parents that he wouldn't marry me was around the same time Alexander was battling with my ex Alpha for his position. When he won, it was almost as if all of my dreams were coming true. I was in Daniel's brother's pack. That was good enough for me, because if I got close enough to my Alpha, and become his Beta, I would have more than one reason to visit Daniel."

Both of our jaws are dropping. The more Lucy talks, the more shocked I am. This is a plan that has been going on for a long time, and it's crazy.

"But that didn't happen." She continues, suddenly and sharply. This time she walked over to me as she spoke. "It was almost about to happen, and then we came across you and Daniel by that lake. Alex came back the next day mesmerised. He really took a liking to you, and suddenly all the attention was taken from me and went onto you."

She leans in closer to me. "And you know what else I found out from him that day? That you really are Daniel's mate. I didn't think what Daniel had told me at that lake was true, but turns out it was. So not only you've taken him away from me - because how am I meant to break a mate bond, huh? - but also, you've ruined my chances of getting that Beta title."

She was crazy. Taken Daniel away, sure, maybe that part can be true. But taking her Beta title? The girl probably was never considered for one - she's delusional.

"And what are you planning to do with us now?" I ask.

"Well I'm not too sure about the process just yet, but I'm getting rid of you." She answers as if it was the most casual thing in the world. "Take them inside." She adds, and on cue, the men holding onto us drag us into the building.

I'm surprised to not see Nick there. I expected him to be around somewhere.

They cuff us to the chains on the wall and to my disappointment, I'm in the middle of Alice and Maria. I didn't want to see the second or be anywhere near her for her own good - I'd probably end up killing her before Lucy did any of us.

"Now," Lucy walks in. "Let me just let Nick know I've got you. I'll be a couple of minutes, ladies. Don't miss me too much." She walks away, and all of the other men do with her.