Chapter 7

*A couple of weeks later.*

"Well done, everybody. Have a drink of water and a ten minute break." My voice projects through the field.
I saw Garrett waving at me, to come over from a distance.

It's been around two weeks since I started living at the Jackson pack. No signs of Daniel meant that I could try and settle down and start living a stress-free life again.
I enjoyed my time at the Jackson pack, but the variety of activities I could do started lacking and I began to dwell on the empty feeling that would never leave. I figured it was due to distance from my mate, but didn't think much of it.

Garrett suggested I find myself a purpose; something to wake up every day for. He agreed to let me lead some pack training sessions since I was relatively strong and could fight. I got taught how to ever since I was little, in case I got kidnapped or something since children of an Alpha are often targets. Ironic how I couldn't put that to use when it came to my mate abducting me.

"What is it?" I asked him, jogging over at a fast pace. He seemed excited and I wanted to know what about.

"I have a surprise for you."

"I hate surprises." I reply, honstly but with amusement because he's well aware of that.

"I know, that's why I told you." He grins.

I cross my arms. Is this the reason he stopped my training class? Purely to annoy me?

"I see that you value the training time and quality of your pack. How unprofessional of you to distract the teacher for this very reason." I mutter.

"The surprise will be tomorrow. But the main reason I asked you to come over is because someone is here to see you. Someone called Alice, do you know her?"

I hold my breath when her name leaves his mouth. She found me? Maybe it's a different Alice... Did she have Daniel with her? No, she wouldn't be let in otherwise.

"Yeah. I do. I'll go now, can you take over training?" I try not to stutter. I was scared and sweating as hell.

"Sure thing. Are you okay? You seem nervous. Is she from your old pack? I can get her to leave." He begins to worry.

"No!" I say a little too suddenly and desperately. "I mean, it's okay. I'll go see her." I try to calm the situation.

He nods at me and I leave as fast as I can without running.
When I reach the inside of the pack house, her small figure with brown hair is sitting right in front of me on the sofa.

She springs into a standing position as soon as she sees me. I'm a little starled when she hugs me, scared she's furious that I left.

"So it really is you! I couldn't believe it." She whispers, hugging me very tightly.

"Yeah, it is me... But what are you doing here, Alice? How did you find me?" I ask, pulling away to get a good look at her.

"I went to every pack to ask if I could speak to someone called 'Remington.' Eventually it lead me to you." She explains.

"Daniel-"

"Daniel doesn't know. Don't worry." She assures, cutting me off sharply, almost angrily. "But he should... God, you should see him right now. I'm worried for my brother, Rem. For once in my life I am worried about his damn life."