Chapter 30

After Daniel and I calmed down, after putting all of our anger into something better for the both of us, we started to speak like two adults and not two children.

There were a few things to discuss, one being the obvious: what we were arguing about - Nathan's fate - and the second being the actual plan. After the time we've just given to one another, our anger was gone and during it, we decided to come up with a plan ourselves and then present it at the meeting for everyone else's approval.

My head is rested on Daniel's chest that I enjoy the warmth of, as his arm is wrapped around my body and his hand placed on my lower back. I enjoyed the feeling of my whole bare body against his own.

"I will not arrest Nathan tomorrow." He begins. He was in a good mood now, as was I, so it made getting what I wanted that much easier. Sex solved a lot for us.

"Thank you." I grin, more to myself than to him, as I kiss the side of his cheek.

"But," He emphasises. "I will ask Alice to come here tomorrow earlier than the rest of the Alphas. She will explain what she told you and I will then decide if the evidence Garrett supposedly found is strong enough to imprison Nathan Locke."

I think for a moment. It sounded rational, and it sounded fair. It was a decision I could live with.

"Okay." I whisper, with a small nod he wouldn't be able to see anyway.

We lay there in silence for a few moments, and I begin to think we're both going to be going to sleep, since it was beginning to get late and we were both exhausted after what had just happened. But then he says something that surprises me.

"I love you."

My head snaps up to his direction, as I sit up to get a clearer look. His face was harder to see, the moon light being the only light source. But still, I can make out his facial expression. It was serious, and captivating. He looked concentrated on something; concentrated on me.

"I never thought that once I vowed something to myself, somebody could make me break those vows." He says in a soft tone. "I never thought I was capable of love, being the Alpha you thought I was, but you proved me otherwise. You showed me I'm capable of it."

A/N: *faints, dies* Why do I create men like this that don't exist?😭

I was definitely not expecting this from him. In fact, it was the last thing I expected to hear from him.

But at the same time, I knew my feelings for him were just as strong.

"I love you too." I say, still in shock. I feel like I've known this for a long time already, but never fully admitted it to myself.

"Good." He now smirks, his serious expression now gone.

He moves above me, resting his elbows on either side of my body. He moves a strand of hair away from my face, his fingertips brushing against my cheek.

"Because I won't ever be letting you go now." He says, and this time I initiate the next kiss, even though if I didn't, I knew he would have anyway. As his hands move under my back for his support, I knew that it was going to be a long night for us both.

***

I almost regretted our repeat of intimacy, since by the time we actually fell asleep - after the second time love making and numerous conversations - it was early morning. We only got a few hours of rest.

Daniel seemed to be coping with tiredness much better than I was, however, as he kisses my face repeatedly to wake me. That makes me stir, and push him away.