Chapter 17 (R)

NOW MADE PUBLIC DUE TO WATTPAD'S NEW UPDATE
A very mature and detailed chapter, approriate for some audiences only!

"Mum?" I stand and stare at the hooded feminine figure, who's face I can only recognise from the light of the moon.

"Oh my God... It's really you?" She covers her mouth with both of her hands as her eyes get glassy, the tears reflected by the moon.

She pulls me into a tight hug and I squeeze her back. It just felt surreal that after a couple of months, I finally get to see my own mother. I didn't even get to say goodbye to her before.

"I thought you were dead." She cries into my shoulder and I shut my eyes tightly to try composing myself and block out anyone else.

"What happened to you?" She asks, pulling away. A tear is rolling down her lightly pink cheek.

I glance over at Daniel who is looking at us, with a calm expression. He looks a little more sad than happy but his jaw is a little clenched as he seems overall a bit tense.

"I..." I was what? I was abducted? By my own mate? "I... I found my mate."

She furows her brows, looking at me. "Who is he?"

"It's Daniel." I tell her, but looking at him while I said it.

"No... Daniel Anderson?" She looks shocked, now looking at the floor in deep thought. "Oh my God... So, why did you disappear?"

"I found him and couldn't leave him." I lie.

"What, and not even tell me about it?! Or send me a post card maybe?" She got angry.

I couldn't tell her the truth. She would make sure a war against the Anderson pack takes place and since both packs are almost equal in strength and size, too much damage will be done. I'd rather she hated me.

"I'm sorry. I wasn't thinking."

"No, Rem what are you doing?" Interrupts Daniel.

"Daniel, don't." I quickly say, to keep him quiet.

"Well, we'll talk about this at home." My mum concludes.

"I'm not going home." I contradict. I can see both heads - my mum's and Daniel's snap up to my direction.

"What are you talking about?" My mum asks. She was looking more stressed by the minute.

"I'm not going home. I'm staying here." I repeat.

"Did you do this? Did you tell her to stay here?" My mum directs her accusations at my mate. "I always knew you were-"

"Mum, stop please." I hold onto her arms to get her attention back at me. "I love you." I tell her when she looks at me again.

"I love you, more than anything in this world. And I want you home, where you belong." She tells me in response.

"Then let me go. For now." A tear falls down to my face.

"What am I supposed to tell your father?"

"That I'm okay. That's all her needs to know." I tell her. She actually gives me a small nod, giving me another hug.

"But will you be safe here?" She asks, worry clearly laced in her tone. I knew that she didn't trust Daniel or his pack at all because of what she thought she knew. It didn't surprise me.