Chapter 10

You can't run from me.

That hit me hard because he was right, I just never wanted to admit it.
I lean my head back against my seat, looking out of the window. I felt like in a sad movie, as I caught gazes with my own reflection. Everything felt so real. I hated it. I was never the one to run from my own problems but at this point in my life I could take any chance I got and never look back.

"Then what will happen when I'm on heat again? You didn't stop it, it will come back soon." I wonder.

Daniel sighs, loudly. "I don't know, I'm thinking."

That was helpful. I rest my face on my hand that I rested on the seat, looking over at him. He kept me a prisoner in his own home, but why did I seem to want to already forgive him for it? If you think about it, he did have a reason. And as far as I'm concerned, the initial kidnapping was a mistake; he thought I was someone else.

Maybe this is just how fate works. It's how it was supposed to be.

But then I'm left with unanswered questions and mixed emotions. Daniel could never love me and show me affection out of love. All he wanted me for, was to keep up his power and good name, maybe for his sexual needs once in a while.

And what about that girl that was in his room, naked? I almost forgot all about it, even though it was what triggered my escape the most.

"Who was that girl? The blonde?"

He looks at me blankly.

"The naked blonde." I roll my eyes.

"Oh, her..." He sighs.

"How many of them are there for you not to know which one I'm talking about?" I fold my arms, glaring. It was more of a sarcastic question but Daniel seemed to take it seriously.

"She was... A..." He thinks, not knowing what to call her.

"An ex?" I question, quite jealous. I wouldn't admit it to Daniel though. I never would have.

"No. I don't do relationships." He states and starts driving again. "She was more of a friend for the benefits."

I don't do relationships.
This hurt me more than it should. I mean, Daniel and I would never be something serious. We would never develop feelings for each other. What we did was purely out of the fact we had to.

Get over yourself, Rem. It wouldn't ever work.

"A prostitute?" I offend her.

"I don't pay her for sex, so no. People would pay me to- Nevermind." He stops after my even more agressive look. His narcissism is killing me.

"So you're the prostitute here. Damn Daniel, I didn't think you were such a low life man whor-"

(Don't even think about it, guys^
'Damn Daniel' comments are not appreciated 😂)

"The fuck?" He cuts me off, outraged and disgusted.

"It's what you said yourself." I raise my hands up, innocently. I was biting my tongue to stop the fits of laughter that were developing.
But I can't hold it in. His face is just too cute and impeccable right now; so I burst out laughing.