The Set-Up

Short Imagine! Comment what I should write next!

It was at some point about a year ago that you told Zane about your little crush on Heath.

And it was about the same time that Heath told Elton. And of course Elton told Zane. Needless to say Zane and Elton were sick of neither of you making a move. So they did it for you.

I was sitting on the couch when Zane walked in "Girl when are you gonna ask Heath out? Or show him a sign? Do something!" I rolled my eyes at him, we've been over this dozens of times Zane I can't jeopardize our friendship for a crush. I just need to move on" I said while letting out a log breath. It was like something went off in Zane's mind, he looked at you the way a dog looks at a treat "Then let me set you up on a date!" "I'm not a blind date kind of girl Zane" Zane stood up and began walking away "Be ready by 7:00! Wear comfortable but not ugly clothes!" He said sassily. So I decided to go home hoping he'd forget about the whole ideal.

And that's basically how Heath and Elton's conversation went too.

-Heaths POV-
I was sitting by the pool, chain smoking because I was anxious. When Elton walked up to me "Dude just ask her out already" I looked up at him, how did he know I was thinking about her? He rolled his eyes "I know you want to move on so I've set you up on a blind date tonight at the boardwalk at 7. Before you deny it if you don't go on this date then I'm telling her myself you are madly in love with her." Without even letting me get a word in Elton walked away. Leaving me sitting by the pool so nervous I could puke. I have to go now because I guess I do need to move on.

-Your POV-
Around 6:40 Zane was pushing me into his car and forcing me to leave my apartment. "Can I please back out?!" I begged while he ignored me, he just turned up the music and continued driving. Finally we got to the destination, I looked around and we were at the boardwalk. "Well at least if I get murdered it will be in public" I mumbled while Zane began to laugh his head off "I promise you'll have a fun time, now the guy you're looking for is wearing a blue button up, jeans and oh you'll know him when you see him!" Quickly Zane opened the door and pushed me out while he drove away shouting "Have fun!"

I looked around slightly nervous and walked down the boardwalk when I heard a familiar voice "Elton no I'm backing out! Elton don't you dare- Elton!!" I turned to see Heath on his phone angrily putting it back in his pocket. He was wearing exactly what Zane said my blind date would be. He turned and caught a glimpse of me before looking away. He then did a double take "Y/n!?" He walked towards me "I can't believe it-" I began to say "They set us up on a blind date" Heath finished my sentence.

We sat in awkward silence for a minute "Look let's just do this date the way we're supposed to, let's have some fun." I smiled as Heath grabbed my hand and pulled me to the nearest game he could play.

After awhile we decided to go get something to eat, as we all know Heath loves food. So we went and got ice cream. We were sitting at a table eating when Heath pulled out his phone. "Come sit and take a picture with me" he slightly whined. So I did I moved to his side, he snapped a couple photos of us and the ice cream while he posted one on Instagram saying "She thought the ice cream looked good I thought she looked better" I laughed and liked it while I posted a photo of Heath eating his ice cream and captioned it "I don't know what he likes more that ice cream, or me" When he saw it he laughed and looked up "Definitely you sugar" I giggled at him "appropriate nickname for the food" he smiled and shrugged. We finished our ice cream after I shoved some on Heaths nose and tried to run away while he chased be down the boardwalk. Which ultimately ended in him getting ice cream everywhere.

Overall it was an amazing night full of laughter, smiles and Heath showing off for me, by winning prizes or doing something funny. It was later in the night that Heath and I decided to go take a walk on the beach, so we left our shoes in his truck and began to walk down.

We were walking when finally Heath reached for my hand, he slowly intertwined his fingers with mine "Is this okay?" He said shyly. I nodded yes and we continued walking. We came to a stop and sat in the sand. Heath and I talked about everything from YouTube, to the guys, to our personal live. And finally this date. "So how was this blind 'date'?" I smiled at him and rested my head on his shoulders. "It's the best date I've been on in years Heath, you really know how to make a girl have a good time" he chuckled "That's good because I'm so awkward I thought I was gonna ruin this date, especially when I saw you."

He sure does know how to make me smile. We talked for awhile longer before Heath drove me home.  When we were in the car I filmed him singing to multiple songs and then I would join in just being silly, and he would give me the biggest grin ever before putting on the next song. We pulled up to my apartment. He held the door for me, and held my hand the entire way that we walked together to my apartment, he stopped me before I went inside.

"Um Y/n?" He said with his head down. "Yes Heath?" He looked up with shy eyes "I was wondering if you'd like to do this again? You know the whole date thing. I really enjoyed myself and to be honest there's a reason we got set up it's because I like you, I like you a lot." I blushed and felt butterflies, "You're not the only reason we got set up" he looked at me with the biggest smile he obviously caught on that I liked him back.

He pulled back and leaned slightly in "May I? Ugh you know" I grinned up at him "Of course Heath" he leaned down and I snaked my hands around his neck, he moved his to up to my face, he leaned in finally making our lips touch. I felt a rush of blood go to my cheeks as we kissed. He pulled apart after about 10 seconds "I've been waiting to do that for about a year." I hugged him tightly "So have I"

"So that dates definitely a go" He winked.  "Duh" I pulled away saying in a girly voice. He pulled me in for a hug, wrapping his arms around my waist while I snuggled into his chest. Taking in his sent, I could just stay like this for hours. I can definitely tell that I want to be with Heath for a long time. Although eventually he did have to leave "Drive safe!" I shouted as he walked down the hall "Always do!" He shouted back before getting into the elevator.

Later that night before bed I got a text from Heath saying how he "Can't wait to go out tomorrow night!"

A text from Elton saying " I hope you're not too mad at me!"

And finally one from Zane "I want credit for starting this relationship gurl"

Definitely an amazing night.