Meeting The Parents

L/n= Last Name
I just assumed your parents didn't live in LA, sorry!
Also always taking requests!
They are together in this :)

About a week ago I got a phone call from my parents asking if I could come down a couple days after New Years, of course I agreed, but there's one catch. They want to meet Heath. Although Heath and I have been dating for almost a year he's always some how gotten out of meeting my parents, he's always 'busy' but this time he has no excuse, he already told me he would go. Well he brushed it off because he wasn't really listening he just said "oh yeah let's go" but I'm holding him accountable for it.

When I got to the guys house I noticed everyone was outside but Heath. They must have noticed me looking around for him because Scotty spoke up "Heaths in his room" I smiled "thanks!" I said while making my way into Heath's room.

When I opened the door I noticed Heath was at the edge of his bed with his hands in his lap, he looked quite frustrated. "Heath what's wrong?" I said while shutting the door. "I can't do it Y/n... I can't meet your parents. They will hate me" I sat down next to him and began to rub his back. "Babe I promise they won't hate you, they'll love you" he just sighed "They will hate me because of what I am, look at me I'm addicted to smoking I drink way to much alcohol and I'm lazy" he tried to keep listing things off but I shushed him with a kiss.

"You're also hardworking, dedicated, a sweetheart and the only guy in the world who I can ever love as much as I do Heath. I promise they will love you" It took some work but finally Heath calmed down and went ventured off to the airport.

The flight was full of Heath giving me cuddles and holding my hands. I spent most of it telling Heath that he was going to perfectly fine. The only way my parents would hate him is if he probably said that he hated their favourite sports team.

-After Landing-

I was driving because I didn't want to stress Heath out more than he already was. While driving he kept his hand on my thigh and just nervously looked out the window. "I'm that bad of a driver that you need to grip onto my thigh?" I laughed a little and Heath snapped out of it. "He rolled his eyes "I'm just nervous babe"
"I've told you hundreds of times now Heath they're going to love you, and we're only here for 3 days so it's not a big deal. Heck I stayed with you at your parents for like 2 weeks!" He laughed slightly and continued to look out the window.

When we arrived at my house Heath and I just sat in the car for a little while until he could work out the courage to step out of the vehicle. I've never seen Heath so nervous. We walked up to the door and I held Heaths hand as he held on to me for dear life. "You're acting like you're meeting a murderer Heath" I laughed while he mocked my voice.

I opened the door and walked inside with Heath slowly trailing behind me. "Mom, Dad we're here!" I shouted throughout the house. I held my hand behind me and Heath grabbed on, and I walked us to the kitchen. When I got there I found both my parents washing dishes. They turned and I hugged them both, "Hi mom, Hi dad" they both said their hellos and I turned to Heath who was slightly awkwardly smiling,

"Mom, Dad this is Heath my boyfriend". My dad went in for a handshake, saying "It's nice to finally meet you" Heath shook his hand back saying "You too" very quietly. Then my mom leaned in for a hug saying "Glad to meet you Heath!" He smiled and said "And You Mrs.L/n" We all stepped back and my parents began to ask how the plane ride was, how the car drive was and how life was. I did most of the talking with Heath shyly smiling.

That night Heath and I were laying in my old bedroom, both of us just staring at the ceiling. "Did-did I do okay today?" Heath finally spit out quietly. I turned over and began to run my fingers through his hair "You did great Heath" he gave a small smile, and pulled me closer into his chest. "You only have to get through one more full day, and a half day" he chuckled, "I hope that I do okay" I rolled my eyes and rested my head on his chest "You will do amazing"

-The Next Day/Afternoon-

The morning had went quite well my parents talked more to Heath, he was quiet compared to his usual self but at least he was talking. As I helped my mom put away the dishes, Heath began helping my dad around the house so all and all everything was good.

It was around noon and Heath and I were sitting in the living room, my parents told us to go and relax while they made lunch. So Heath was sitting on my lap, joking around "Get off of me you Hippoooooo" he scowled at me "Um gurl dat is rude" he said in his Tay-Tay voice. Eventually we both got up and were looking at all the photos in my house. Heath was taking photos of the 'cute' photos. But every time he saw a silly photo he would try to do an impression of the silly faces I would make.

So eventually I playfully pushed him but he tripped and fell on the ground. I turned and began laughing my head off at Heath who was know rolling on the ground laughing. "Oh don't laugh!" Heath pulled my leg and I fell onto him. Quickly I grabbed a pillow and hit him in the face with it while running away. Eventually he caught me and threw me on the couch. We sat together with him forcing me to sit in his lap while I continued to laugh. We looked over and my parents were standing looking in at us. They sat down across from us.

"You know Heath I've never met someone in my life who has made Y/n so happy" my mom said while giving a grin. "Well I'm quite glad that it was me who could be the one to make her so happy" Heath chuckled while giving me a toothy grin. Then my dad spoke up "You're probably the only guy that Y/n has brought home that I like. We can keep you around Heath" my dad winked at him. "So I can stay?" Heath asked me, I laughed and playfully hit his chest "You better stay!" My parents laughed at us.

The rest of our night was spent laughing around the dinner table while playing board games. With Heath eventually loosing and everyone laughing at him because he was going bankrupt in Monopoly. I'm glad that Heath was acting normal again, he wasn't even shy, back to his old self, laughing, smiling and cracking jokes all the time.

-Last Day-
Before Heath and I were leaving we stood in the doorway, Heath hugging my parents in the doorway asking if we had to leave. "Really hope to see you again okay Heath?" My dad asked, "Of course! I have to prove that I can come back in that game of Poker!" Heath laughed. Then my mom gave him a hug "Thank you so much for treating my daughter so well Heath, hope to see you both soon!" Heath smiled and said "Oh I'm not letting this one go, she's my favourite" I smiled and hugged Heath.

As we walked back to the rental car, I drove again. The entire way back to airport Heath told me about how much fun he had, and how he wants to go back soon. "So you're not nervous anymore are you?" I smirked. He looked over with a big smile "Are you kidding me? They loved me!" We both began to laugh. I love this man.

Later that night I got a text from my dad saying "Keep him around he's my favourite son in law!" I showed Heath and he smiled "I knew they'd love you Heath" he hugged me and pulled me into his chest "I'm glad you talked me into it. I had a lot of fun" We spent that night cuddling with Heath mentioning about how much fun he had and also about how funny my dad's stupid jokes are. Now my two favourite men in my life will have the same stupid jokes.