Prom

This is the same as the other high school imagine, you live next to Heath, Zane likes your girl best friend (f/n) you and Heath like each other but are not dating... Only difference is in this imagine you guys (all four of you) hang out a lot more and are more like a group.

It's senior year with prom coming up in two weeks but Heath, Zane and I still don't have dates, and we really didn't intend on going. We were going to go out, most likely to the beach or to dinner or stay at someone's house while playing video games. Either way we really didn't want to go to prom. That was until Zane's mom found out our plan, and she told Zane he better find a date to prom or she would still force him to go alone.

"Sorry guys" Zane said while we walked out of the school towards the parking lot and into Heaths car. "It's okay" Heath let out a sigh while opening is trunk. Heath and I threw our bags in the trunk and I held it open for Zane waiting for him to throw his bag "Actually I'm not going home tonight sorry. But I do have a question." Zane looked nervous while I slammed the trunk down staring at him. "How should I ask F/n to prom?" I smiled F/n always did like Zane, she had a basketball game tonight. "Write on a basketball saying you finally got the balls to ask you to prom" Heath yelled from the inside of the car, and I nodded in agreement "That or Want to take a shot a prom? It doesn't really matter Zane she'll say yes" I said while getting into the front seat. "Thanks guys!" he yelled while walking back towards the school as Heath began to drive back to our houses.

"Do you still want to come over and work on the group project? Even without F/n and Zane" Heath asked while pulling into his driveway "Yeah it's that or go home and do it alone" I laughed while he grabbed my backpack and his bringing them into his house. Heath and I made our ways to his kitchen, both of us sat down at the island chairs. Heath's mom was doing dishes. She turned and smile "Hey! How was school?" she asked while putting the plates in the drying rack. Heath and I moved into the kitchen, I began drying the dishes while Heath put them away. This was kind of routine whenever anyone of us were at Heaths house, we just did it because we love his mom. "Meh it was school" Heath mumbled while putting away the silverware. She laughed at him "Y/n what about you? Any better than grumpy pants over there" she motioned towards Heath who gave a disgusted look at his mother "I mean nothing bad happened so I guess it was good" I laughed while handing the last of the dishes to Heath. "You two seem to answer the same thing almost every night!" she jokingly yelled while we went back to sitting at the kitchen island. She handed us both an apple and we thanked her "Is spaghetti okay tonight?" she asked while pulling out some pots and pans. Heath hummed in reply and she turned to me "Do you want to stay for dinner tonight Y/n?" "Sure sounds great" I smiled and she grinned while continuing to grab the supplies she needed.

Heath and I spend a couple hours doing our half of the group project for some English assignment on a book. Every once and awhile Heaths mom would ask us what it was about or how it was going while we'd most likely lie and say it was going good, but Heaths mom isn't an idiot she always sees right through us which makes me laugh almost every time. Heath and I had to make the presentation half of the project, so once we were done I emailed it to F/n so her and Zane could do their half later. By that time it was dinner time. We all sat at the kitchen table while Heath's dad Mark was at work still because he had to work late. We ate the delicious dinner with Heaths mom asking us each about our different classes and everything else mothers always ask. When we finished we helped her do the dishes once more.

While sitting back at the table Heath and I decided to play some cards, he was dealing while he got a text from someone. He looked over at his phone and groaned. "What?" I asked while making my move in the game. "Zane chickened out!" he said in frustration "Called it!" I laughed while Heath just shook his head "Tell him she has once more game next Tuesday so he better do it soon if he wants it during a game" I laughed. "He's the one who bailed on us so he better not chicken out!" he groaned in frustration. "What are you two moaning and groaning about?" Heaths mom yelled from the living room while walking into the kitchen. "Zane backed out on skipping prom night. His mom's making him go" Heath mumbled while I kicked him from under the table. He looked up at me rubbing his leg until he realized what he said. We hadn't told our parents because we knew they'd make us go. "You are not bailing either! I will make you go" she gave him a mom look while I chuckled "Oh you're not getting out of this either Y/n" she rolled her eyes towards me and both Heath and I groaned. "But mom it's so boring" Heath laughed while continuing our card game. "It's an amazing night. Neither of you are missing it" I laid my cards down showing Heath I won. He mumbled and I took the cards preparing to shuffle. "I'm poor though and don't like people at my school" I laughed while dealing the cards "I'll pay if it means you'll go. But Heath you are going to doubt about that" I smirked at him while he gave me the finger "and I'm calling your mother Y/n if I can't make you she will" I opened my mouth in disbelief at her while Heath laughed. "Wait I'll just go tell her!" She smiled while walking out the house and next door to mine.  Heath and I spent the rest of the night excepting our fate that we actually have to go. So later I decided I should go home, when really I was going home to call F/n to ask if Zane even talked to her. Heath hugged me goodnight and told me he'd drive me to school tomorrow. I smiled and told him I'd probably text him, he smiled and waved as I walked back to my house.