Drunk Diver

Heath would post this photo on Instagram^ and what I write it what he would be saying.
They are together in this one :)
-Heath's POV-
Warning if you're sensitive to subjects like this.

"I know I don't post this kind of stuff on my Instagram but this is important to me guys... So to the person who thought they were "fine" to drive after they drank, why? Why would you drink and drive? Why would you ever risk that? You know how dangerous that is? Instead of sitting at home waiting for my girlfriend, I'm sitting in the hospital waiting to hear either good or bad news.

Did you think about her parents? The ones that I had to call saying some idiot made a mistake and your daughter is in the hospital. The call that has the police on the other line, informing me that my girlfriend has just been hit by a drunk driver and is in critical condition?

Because of you my girlfriend endured multiple broken ribs and a 3 hour skull surgery. She's covered in glass and cuts. She's pale. Because of your stupid actions I get to sit holding her hand wondering why on earth you thought it was the right idea to drive. Because of you I got to make the phone call to our closest friends "Saying she might not make it guys" and it doesn't stop there, she has a whole life a head if her, she might not even get to live it because of your selfishness actions.

No one should ever have to go through a call like that. If that was your loved one that was hit, how would you feel? What would you think? To think if you would have just made that one phone call, just one call to have someone come pick you up, you wouldn't be behind bars soon.

You made a mistake. No, you can't go back and change your choice, it's too late. Questioning yourself after you drink, if you can drive should never be a thing, you should automatically know not to drink and drive. Once you make that choice to drink and drive, you can't go back.

Now I sit and wait in silence, hearing the monitor beep. And beep. And beep. Not knowing if I will ever hear Y/n's voice again.
So if anyone out there EVER thinks about drinking in driving please don't it causes a world wind off pain. And if a friend wants to drink and drive please don't let them just call an Uber..."

I pushed post and closed my phone. I looked over at Y/n, she had stitches going down her head and cuts all over her. She had broken ribs and a fractured skull. The doctors told me it was hard to tell the outcome if she'd ever wake. The tears shed down my face as I watched over Y/n.

I spent the entire next day watching Y/n seeing if anything would change but nothing did. It was now around 11pm and I was starting to loose hope on my princess. She is strong but this is one thing she may not be able to fight.

About an hour later Y/n's machine began going off, the nurse ran and to notice that Y/n was waking. She was groggy, and looked around the dimly lit room as if she had no clue were she was. She looked lost. "Heath" she said quietly I got on my knees in front of her "Y/n baby I'm here and you're safe now I promise" I kissed her hand. The nurse had told her about the accident, about her injuries and then she said to get some sleep, and walked off to the next patient.

"Don't leave me sweetheart" I whispered into her ear. She squeezed my hand "Never I love you to much" I smiled even while she's hurt she has time to tell me she loves me.

-Your POV- The next Day-

I was laying in the hospital bed, Heath had stepped out for the first time just to go get a change if clothes and anything else we may need. One of the nurses walked in while he was away and was changing the medication in my IV.  "You have yourself a real keeper honey." She said while smiling, I looked over at her "What do you mean?" She chuckled and gave me a new bottle of water

"That boyfriend of yours didn't even sleep the entire time you've been in here. Just held your hand, played with your hair a little bit. But never left your side. From the minute he was here until just now. Hold on to him sweetheart." She said while leaning in the doorway, Heath then walked up behind her and she smiled again "I'll check in later" she waved and I yelled "Goodbye" as she left. I watched Heath as he was in a new set of clothes, he obviously showered and brought some stuff along with him. "I've got a surprise"

Heath smiled pulling something out of his backpack. He handed me one of his sweatshirts, he definitely knows me. He helped me put it on and I snuggled right into the larger shirt. He smiled and came to my side again, he curled up in the chair beside me and held my hand. "I love you Y/n" I looked over at Heath. That's the first time he's said it. I pulled him in for a slow but long kiss, it was passionate. As we pulled away I smiled "I love you too" He grinned at me.

The rest of our week was spent in the hospital cuddling with Heath overreacting about everything I did. At least he cared. We spent most of the week cuddling, watching movies or some of our friends would come visit so we'd play some game.

It was finally time to go home and Heath carried me to his truck, he drove quite slow the entire way back to his house and he even carried me to his bed then too. He laid down beside me and carefully without hurting my ribs cuddled me. "I don't wanna loose you babe" I leaned into him "You won't I promise" I said while yawning. He pulled the blankets over us and for the first time in a week we both got a peaceful sleep.