Chapter One

*Marilyn's POV*

Sometimes I forget it even happened. I wake up and for a few seconds, I'm the girl I was the morning it happened. I feel like I can walk down my wooden staircase to be greeted by my mum and dad with a tired but still cheery voice and smile before having a small chat over breakfast before I go off to school.

For those few seconds, I feel... Normal. But every dream must come to an end, and it's been a month since my mornings have gone like that.

When I come back to reality and realise where I really am, I get the same sinking feeling I have been feeling every morning since it happened.

The rusty old bed screeches as I sit up, a sound I have grown to hate more and more each day, but it's all I have and it's better than nothing I guess.

Looking across from my bed, I see what is supposed to be the kitchen, but is really some cabinets with a microwave and a small fridge.

There are no stairs down to a kitchen with my parents waiting anymore, this small area across from my bed is all I have now.

I'm not completely alone though I guess. Although they can't talk to me or see me, they keep me sane in this dump I call a home now, I will protect them with my life.

Looking down towards my stomach, I smile lightly, lifting my shirt to see the small bulge my stomach has formed from my little room mate.

Lightly kissing three of my fingers, I then bring them to lay on my stomach, where my miracle grows more and more everyday.

I've learned to think of the positive side to everything that happens in life, which in this case, is my little angel.

With the small smile still on my face, I move to stand up and walk the three second walk to my bathroom where I quickly shower with the little hot water I have, clean my teeth and get changed.

I then towel dry my hair and let it finish drying naturally since I don't own a hair dryer and move to my kitchen where I eat some cereal and a piece of toast.

I realise I have very little money but I have to do what I need to do to keep my angel alive as well as myself.

Luckily for me, I don't get morning sickness as much as I've been told I would. If I do, it usually comes in the afternoon.

I quickly pack my lunch into my bag before grabbing the rusting key to my room, roughly making my bed, putting on my shoes I grab my bag from the counter and exit my apartment, locking the door behind me.

The trek to school is tiring to say the least. With it being an hour long walk and having to carry my angel every day, it doesn't get any easier. Although there is good in these hour walks, apart from my hair having time to fully dry, it gives me time to think.

I usually think of things like why the sky is blue instead of green. But today I'm thinking about something different. I'm thinking about the day my parents decided they didn't want me anymore. The scene is still clear in my mind as if it happened yesterday.

*flashback*

"Mummy please don't do this!" I choke out with sobs ripping through my body.

"I'm sorry, but I can't live in the same house as you knowing what you have done." She states sternly.

"It wasn't my fault mummy I swear I didn't want it to happen!" I sob.

"I don't care." She says while crossing her arms across her chest. "Your father agrees, what you have gotten yourself into is unacceptable and no daughter of mine would have let this happen."

At this, I fall to my knees, the tears never stopping once. "Don't do this, please don't do this." I plea with everything I have.

"You have exactly one hour to get all your stuff packed and out of my house, I don't even want to look at you anymore." She states before spinning on her heel and walking into the living room where my father sits, wanting nothing to do with me like my mother.

With shaking knees and choked sobs escaping my mouth, I pick myself off the floor and slowly move up the stairs to what was once my room and begin packing my things into bags.

With everything I can get into the bags, packed as well as the £10,000 I had saved under my bed for college shoved in one of the pockets of one of my bags, I drag everything down the stairs, and with one last look into the living room to see if my parents were simply joking, realising that isn't the case, I open the front door, grab all my bags and waddle down the front steps of what used to be my home, never to return.

*flashback over*

I wipe the tear that escaped my eye to roll down my cheek as I realise I've made it to school, I weave my way through the crowd of students and make my way up the steps and through the front door of the school, anything but ready for the day ahead.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay guys so this is my first chapter in this story and I'm really excited about this one, although I do suffer with anxiety and depression myself I don't have it for the same reason she does so I have had to read up on some things to help me with writing this, if you hadn't noticed already, she didn't take anti depressants or any other pills to help with her mental health and that is not only because she can't afford it , but also because I read that it can harm the baby to take them while pregnant.

Thank you for reading ❤️