Chapter Six

*Marilyn's POV*

The anger and disbelief in his eyes makes me nervous as he turns to face me after scanning the room and I shift on my feet.

"You live here?" He asks like I'm playing some sick joke on him. I wish I was too.

"Um.. Yeah." I say looking around the room myself.

"Who else lives here?" He asks in a tone that tells me he's already guessed the answer for himself but wants to hear it from my lips.

I look down at my feet. "Just me."

When I look up at him, his mouth opens to say something but a loud knock at the door stops him.

Already knowing who it is, I close my eyes tight and sigh deeply.

"Who is that?" I hear Harry ask making me open my eyes.

"Just a neighbour, he usually mistakes my room for his." I say turning around to make my way to the door.

When I open it, I am indeed met by who I was expecting, drunk like usual.

"What the fuck are you doing in my room you worthless bitch?" He slurs, his spit hitting my face as he talks, I reach up to wipe it off. I'd gotten used to his harsh words, I don't really mind them anymore.

"Jeremy, this isn't your apartment, yours is the next one along." I say the same thing I say every time he comes knocking.

"You think I don't know which room is mine? You're just a slut I bought home last night, you're worthless just like the rest of them." He says getting in my face and I try to remain calm.

By this point Harry has made his way over to stand behind me, but not for long because as soon as those words leave his mouth, Harry has shoved past me and has send a blow to Jeremy's face causing me to gasp.

I act quickly, my hands reach to grab Harry's arm before he can swing again. He stops to look back at me, his eyes have become darker but they soften when he sees the shocked look on my face.

"Harry please, he's not worth it." I try to calm him enough to let go of the drunk mess he has held by the collar.

His breathing is still heavy as his arm releases Jeremy and he falls to the floor with a groan.

Harry bends down to get in his face as he speaks.

"Don't you ever go near her again, you hear me?" He hisses.

Jeremy nods weakly before scurrying off to his actual room.

Harry huffs before grabbing my hand and tugging me into my room.

I shut and lock my door once again as Harry paces my room as if thinking about something in great detail.

I stand next to the door, waiting for him to speak.

"Does this happen often?" His asks roughly making me flinch slightly.

"Almost everyday, yes." I answer truthfully.

"You can't live here anymore." He says beginning to pace again.

"Harry I have no choice, I have nowhere else to go." I say defeated, my head falling to stare at my feet as if they're the most interesting thing I've ever seen.

A finger is placed under my chin and my head is urged to move up, my gaze locking onto the eyes of the boy I had only met a few hours ago.

He closes his eyes for a moment before sighing and reopening them to stare into mine.

"Yes you do." He states and I tilt my head to the side not knowing what he was implying.

"Where?" I ask softly.

He takes in a breath, a look of determination on his face.

"With me." He whispers.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you enjoyed ❤️