Chapter Nineteen

The Christmas party is going really well and the food was delicious!

We're now all spread out between the kitchen and the living room and more people have arrived including the boys.

We all exchanged presents and Louis got me a baby onesie which was personalised to say "uncle Louis is the best." And I thought it was a joke but he looked dead serious.

Most people were drunk with alcoholic beverages in their hands while some were standing around talking and some were dancing to the loud music that was on.

I was off to the side with a glass of orange juice watching the scene in front of me.

Harry was in my line of vision, talking to family members and the boys were dancing.

"You want to dance babe?" I hear next to me and I go to tell them to leave me alone and not call me babe but when I see its Liam I relax.

"Oh sure." I say and grab his hand and he leads me to the rest of the boys who give me enough space so no one bumps the baby and we all start dancing to the song that's on, laughing when someone tries to do a cool move but they fail miserably.

I can safely say that this is the most fun I've had in a while, dancing with the four boys I now consider the brothers I've never had.

I can tell some of them are tipsy because they're swaying a bit too much but it just makes their dancing funnier.

As I'm dancing with both arms in the air, I feel hands placed on my arms and they make their way down my sides and stop on my waist, pulling me into their chest and I instantly know from the smell of cologne and a hint of mint that it's Harry so I relax into his chest as we dance.

"How are you feeling?" He whispers in my ear.

"Great thank you." I say with a smile, turning round to face him while wrapping my arms around his neck.

"Have you drank much?" I ask just out of curiosity.

"Nope, unless orange juice counts?" He says with a smile.

"You know I don't mind if you drink right?" I ask.

"I know, I'm just not into the whole drinking for fun thing anymore." He says with a small shrug.

"Well I guess that's good then, I want you around for as long as possible." I say looking into his eyes with a small smile.

"I intend to be here as long as you want me to be." He says.

"I love you." I say, placing a hand on his cheek.

"And I love you." He says, leaning down to give me a lingering kiss.

"Oh that reminds me." He says as he pulls away.

"What?" I ask.

"Your next present is ready." He says with a wide grin.

"Oh is it?" I say looking around for it.

"It's not here love, follow me." He says, grabbing my hand, carefully leading me through the crowd of people and up the stairs.

It's when we stop in front of my room that I get confused.

"Why are we at my room?" I ask.

"I shall show you." He says covering my eyes with one of his hands.

"Well how can you show me with your hand over my eyes?" I ask cheekily and he pinches my bum making me yelp.

"Will you stop being cheeky for a moment?" He asks through laughter and I nod with a smile on my face.

I hear the door open and he urges me forward a few steps and shuts the door behind us.

"Can you take your hand away now?" I ask.

"Sure." He says and removes his hand but all I see is darkness.

"Am I blind?" I ask and then the lights turn on and tears instantly spring to my eyes and my hands move to cover my mouth.

In front of me is the most beautiful white cot complete with teddies, next to the cot is a matching white chest of drawers with a changing mat on top of it.

"Go have a closer look then." He says encouraging me to move.

I walk over to the crib which is right next to my bed and run my hand along the crisp white wooden bars before moving to the changing table.

Next to the mat is baby powder and lotions for her. The first drawer is full of nappies and baby wipes. The second is full of clothes like the onesies, tshirts, trousers and dresses with a small section full of head bands and other little accessories. And the third is full of tiny shoes which are organised perfectly.

I move on to see a bag which is full, there are a few nappies, toiletries and clothes for both me and her. There are also a few other bits like charging leads and a camera.

Once I'm finished looking around I turn to Harry.

"You did all of this?" I ask in disbelief, tears streaming down my face.

"Yeah, I had people up here while the party was going on, they're downstairs now." He says.

I walk up to him and wrap my arms around him tight, crying into his chest as he holds me.

"I just wanted to be the best dad I can possibly be." He says sounding determined.

"Thank you so much Harry." I say moving to look into his eyes and he wipes my tears away with a smile.

"There is also something I have to tell you." He says becoming nervous and I become worried.

"What is it baby?" I ask with a frown.

"Come sit down." He says and takes me to sit on my bed.

"I'm sure you've wondered where my dad is and why I haven't brought him up." He starts and he is right because I have wondered it a few times but never asked in respect for his privacy. I knew he'd tell me when he was ready.

"Honestly, I have no idea where he is because he left as soon as my mum found out she was pregnant with Gemma. But he thought he could "handle it" and came back when she was three and stayed for a few months before my mum fell pregnant with me and that's when he fled and we haven't heard from him since. This is why I'm so set on being a father to this baby girl, because I know that her real dad won't even bother and I feel such a connection with her already that sometimes I forget she isn't even mine." He says.

"She is yours at heart." I say to reassure him and he smiles.

"My mum met Robin when I was two and he became the father I never had. He may not be my father by blood but he sure is my father by heart." He finishes and I give him a kiss.

"You'll be the best daddy to this little girl, that is for certain." I say and hug him tight.

"I've been thinking of names." He says with a smile.

"Hit me with it." I say clapping my hands lightly.

"Aurora." He says and I instantly fall in love.

"Like sleeping beauty Aurora?" I ask.

"Yeah, it's your favourite film and every time we watch it you say how much you love the name." He says with a smile and I love how he remembered.

"It's perfect." I say with a smile.

He smiles wide and leans down to kiss me.

"Let's go down for the rest of the party and celebrate with orange juice." He says with a smile and I laugh.

~~~~~~~~~~

How was this?

There is going to be a time jump to nine months in the next chapter so just a warning ;)