Chapter Three

*Marilyn's POV*

Lunch has finally arrived which I couldn't be happier about and I quickly make my way into the cafeteria to find a table.

I eat lunch alone now, I did have friends who sat with me at lunch, but after I went to them with the information about my angel, they turned against me and told everyone. Now I sit alone with only my angel to keep me company, which I don't mind too much if I'm honest.

Once I find a small table towards the back of the room which is empty, I reach into my bag to pull out my pickle sandwich, a weird but wonderful craving I have recently developed, as well as my crisps and a snack bar, along with my water and begin eating, not looking up from my food.

*Harry's POV*

With the first half of the day over, I head to the cafeteria to eat something which I've been wanting since I got here, a cheese burger.

As soon as I get there, I instantly get in line and eventually pay for my cheeseburger before finding our table and taking a seat where I usually do.

Before I can dig in to the delicious burger, a high pitched, squeaky voice interrupts me.

"Harry baby, you do realise what's in that burger right?" She asks shooing the boy sitting next to me, out of his seat so she could sit down and stroke my arm.

"I don't need a lesson right now Siena, leave me alone." I state bluntly, shoving her hand off my arm.

I hear her huff and sink back in the seat she stole. I feel bad for the guy she shooed off, she always does this because she thinks she can get whatever she wants given to her on a silver platter.

I finally begin to devour the burger in my hands, and decide to scan the room in between bites.

I go to bite into the burger again when my eyes catch someone in the back off the room, a few tables away from ours, eating alone.

With her obviously unbrushed hair flowing over her shoulders as she eats, I can't help but admire the details of her face, why have I never seen her before?

I rip my eyes away from her when a voice speaks up.

"What you got your eye on mate? You've been staring in the same place for over ten minutes." I look over to see the voice was Louis' and he's chuckling at what he said.

My eyes move back to the girl "who is she?" I ask, nodding my head in her direction.

At this, the rest of the boys turn around and I see Siena lean forward in her seat to see what I was talking about too.

Once she sees who I'm referring to, she snickers and leans back once again.

"Oh her?" She asks with a smirk.

"Yeah, do you know her?" I ask, my eyes still on the girl.

"Used to, not anymore. We were best friends just a few months ago" she states seeming uninterested.

"Why aren't you anymore?" I ask with a frown.

"She got herself pregnant, she came crying to me the day she found out and told me that her parents kicked her out and she had nowhere to go. She says she didn't ask for it to happen but I don't believe her." She says crossing her arms over her chest.

"Wait so you're saying a man used her against her will?!" I almost shout, feeling defensive over this girl.

"That's what she says but no one believed her." She laughs.

"And what if she's telling the truth?!" I'm fuming, my fists clenched tight under the table.

Siena laughs harder.

"Why would she be? She thinks she can get more sympathy if she acts like the victim." She leans forward, her crossed arms leant on the table. "That's why I told everyone."

I stand from my seat aggressively with my fists still clenched.

"You're the reason she's alone?!" I hiss in her face.

Fear crosses her face and she shrinks back in her seat.

"Harry mate, maybe you should sit down." I hear Liam's voice come from behind me and feel a hand on my shoulder.

I shrug his hand off, still glaring at Siena before shaking my head, grabbing the rest of my lunch along with my bag and making my way over to the beauty whose name I have yet to find out.

Once I reach her table, I place my tray on the table and sit in the seat opposite her, although she still hasn't noticed me.

I decide clearing my throat would be a good way to get her attention.

Once I do, I freeze in my place when the most beautiful forest green eyes meet my emerald ones.

Confusion floods her face once she realises I'm actually here and realising she isn't going to be the first to speak up, I decide an introduction is in order.

"Hi, my name is Harry." I say with a smile, my hand outstretched for a handshake.

Her mouth opens and her angelic voice fills my ears.

"Marilyn" she speaks quietly her hand moving to softly grip mine in a handshake. My hand tingling from her touch.

The beauty doesn't know why the beast wished for her attention.

~~~~~~~~~~

Let me know what you think ❤️