Chapter Twenty Four

*three months later*

"Can you say mama?" I say, looking at her.

She grumbles trying to get the words out.

We've been at this for days, me and Harry have been trying to get her to say mama and dada but with no success.

"No, say dada." Harry tries.

"No, say mama." I insist, jokingly glaring at Harry.

We're both very competitive with who she calls first.

"Dada!"

"Mama!"

"Dada!"

"Dada!"

"Mama- wait."

"Ha, I made you say it!"

"No you tricked me!"

"I did not."

"You did so."

"I will slap yo-"

"Dada mama"

"Exactly- who said that?" I say, looking confused.

"Dada mama ah!" We both turn to see Aurora smiling at us, clutching a teddy.

"She said it!" He shouts.

"Say it again!" I say excited.

"Say mama!"

"Mmmama." She gurgles.

We laugh and embrace each other in a hug.

I then pull back and pick her up and kiss her chubby cheeks as she giggles adorably.

~~~~~~~~~~

*three days later*

"Babe, we've been trying for hours." I say to Harry in defeat.

"Okay Ari, let's try again tomorrow." He says standing up.

I put Aurora on the soft carpet in front of me and lay her toy blocks out for her to busy herself with.

We've been trying to get her walking since this morning but she just plops down and crawls over to us but I'm not rushing her, she'll walk when she wants to.

"So, I've been thinking." Harry starts as he walks in from the kitchen with two mugs in his hands.

"Oh do be careful, that's always dangerous." I say mockingly as I take one of the mugs with a thank you.

"How kind of you to say my love." He says in a teasing tone making me laugh.

"Anyway, I was thinking, how would you like to go to the beach tomorrow?" Harry says.

"Well we'd have to get Aurora a bathing suit and a hat and a few other bits but I don't see why not." I say with a smile.

"Well we can go out in a few minutes if you want? Before the shops shut?" He asks.

"Well don't you guys sound like a couple of sophisticated parents." We hear a chuckle in the doorway and see Gemma.

"That's funny Gemma because last time I checked, we are parents." Harry says sarcastically.

"Are we coming on this little outing with you Harold?" She asks, ignoring what he just said.

"If you're all free then sure." He says, taking a gulp of his tea.

"Excellent! I'll come out with you then, I need a bikini and I want to spend some time with my niece." She says excitedly, running off to get ready.

"Well then, let's get a move on." I say laughing at how eager Gemma is.

"I'll go start the car and get the air conditioning on." Harry says, leaning down to place a kiss on my lips.

"I'll get the little princess ready." I say, picking her up and putting her little shoes on.

Once I've got her baby bag sorted, I walk out to the car and put the stuff in the boot, Gemma is already in the back with Aurora so I get in the passenger seat.

On our drive to the shopping centre, Harry holds my hand, kissing the back of it every so often making me smile.

"Alright, so we need a bathing suit and hat for the little one, we need some towels, I need a new bathing suit as well as Gemma, and any other bits we see." I say, looking around as I push Aurora in her buggy.

"And food." Gemma adds and we both look at her before laughing.

"What? Food is important." She insists, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Can't argue with that." I say with a giggle as we enter mother care.

We head to the summer wear section and start rummaging through the tiny swimsuits.

"This one." Harry says, lifting it up.

He picked a... diving suit?

"I'm sorry, I thought we were going on a family outing to the beach, not snorkelling." I say, laughing.

"Everything else is too revealing." He mumbles.

"Harry she's not even a year old yet, you have plenty of time before you should start working about that." I say with a smirk.

"Fine." He says, shuffling through. "This one."

He is holding a cute one piece with flowers all over it with a small skirt attached.

"That one is very sweet." I say with a smile.

"I say this one." Gemma says holding up another one which looks like a stereotypical sailor print with white and deep blue stripes on the top and plain deep blue on the bottom half.

"I like that one too." I say, placing one hand on my hip and the other is holding the buggy.

"Mines better." Harry insists.

"Um I think not." Gemma sasses and thats when a squabble breaks out and I can see people's attention on us so I take matters into my own hands and silently walk up to each of them, taking the swimsuits out of their hands and put them in the basket.

I then walk off and leave them to bicker until they realise how silly they're being and move onto hats.

I get a bunch of the hats that I like and sit on the floor in front of her buggy.

I begin putting each hat on her small head to see which fit and looked nice.

She seemed to love ripping them off her head to see what it was so I tried one which tied under her chin and settled with that since she couldn't get it off.

I decided to treat her to a new toy so I unstrapped her and lifted her to sit on my hip as I push the buggy with one hand over to the toy section.

"What do you like the look of baby?" I ask, knowing she didn't understand a word of it.

I walk around a bit, letting her get a good look at everything before my phone rings and I take it out of my pocket to see its Harry.

"Yellow." I answer.

"Where are you? We've been walking around looking for you but this place is so full of stuff, I can't see." He says annoyed and I laugh.

"Over by the toys." I say, making sure Aurora doesn't grab anything she shouldn't.

"Really? We were just there!" He says with an irritated tone.

"Well looks like you're about to be here again." I say trying to push his buttons and I know I succeed when I hear him grumble.

"We're on our way, don't move." He says with a sigh and it makes me laugh.

"I won't, scouts honour." I say proudly.

"You were never in scouts." He laughs.

"Shut up and get over here." I join him in laughing.

"Ok, ok! See you in a minute gorgeous." He says before he hangs up and I go back to looking at toys with Aurora.