Chapter Eight

A small smile spreads across my face at his goofy ways, but it doesn't reach my eyes, I can't help but feel like I've made a huge mistake with accepting his offer to stay with him seeing as I've only known him not even twelve hours.

But for some reason, I feel more comfortable and protected around him than I have in a while. I have to remind myself to be careful since for all I know, Harry plans on hurting me.

"My family will still be out by now doing whatever it is they do" he says with a smile. "So I'll go straight on to showing you your room." He then grabs my things once again and makes his way up the stairs with me silently trailing behind him.

Once we reach one of the many doors, he stops and turns to me.

"This will be your room." He turns to open the door before turning back to me. "It hasn't been used in a while but it's perfectly clean because my dear mother has a thing about keeping the house spotless." He chuckles before continuing his little ramble.

I smile softly before resting my hand on his arm to stop him going on but he only continues so I decided to speak up for the first time in a while.

"Harry." I giggle but nothing changes.

"Harry!" I say a bit louder. Nothing.

I move to plan B and place my hand over his mouth. This stops him real quick and he stares into my eyes instead.

"I'm sure it'll be perfect." I say with a smile and I feel him smile under my hand which he then goes onto lick.

I whip my hand off his mouth and wipe it on his arm with a disgusted look on my face while he laughs at my misfortune and I slap his chest.

"You're gross" I mumble with a small chuckle.

"You love it." He says with a wink making me roll my eyes.

"Just open the door you goof."

He chuckles with me before opening the door and letting me in first which I accept with a smile.

The room is small yet spacious with cream walls and white bedsheets. This was obviously meant to be a guest room.

I hear Harry put my stuff down behind me and I turn to look at him.

"So, what do you think?" He smiles.

I take another glance around the room and meet his eyes while fiddling nervously with my hands.

"This is... Too much." I sigh, looking to my hands.

I feel his presence in front of me and I look up at him.

His head tilts to the side as he studies me before he smiles.

"I beg to differ." He speaks, reaching up to tuck a strand of hair behind my ear. "I think it's the least you deserve."

I smile wide at him which he returns before turning and heading to the door.

"Now for the grand tour." He says moving to the door next to mine which I remember him saying was his.

"This is where you'll be spending most of your time." He says with a small smirk catching me off guard.

"What?" I ask looking at him in confusion.

"What?" He replies immediately, walking to another door. "Moving swiftly on."

This was going to be interesting.

~~~~~~~~~~~

"And finally, the living room." He sighs with a smile on his face, plopping down on the sofa, patting the space next to him indicating he wanted me to sit down.

I sit on the opposite side of the sofa and he turns on the TV, flicking through channels.

"Anything you want to watch love?" He asks turning to look at me.

"Well what are my options?" I say, turning to look at him.

"Well there are movies over there if you want to pick out one to watch." He points to the shelves with stacks of DVDs. "There is nothing interesting on show wise." He mumbles and I move over to the DVDs, looking through the wide selection I had to choose from.

I settle on 'Just Go With It' which is one of my favourites and pull it out of the many other cases.

"What did you pick babe?" He asks, trying to see what I picked up so I handed it to him. "Nice choice love, this is one of my favourites." He says with a smile as he moves to put it on.

He comes back to sit next to me on the sofa and we watch the film, laughing to the point of tears at some parts. Sometimes I forced my laughs to stop so I could hear Harry's laugh. It was a beautiful noise. Not to mention how his eyes crinkle and his dimples pop out as he does so. I couldn't help but admire the sight.

Half way through the film, the sound of a door opening is heard and I freeze in my seat, Harry's eyes connect with my scared ones.

"That will be them." He says with a smile.

Noticing how nervous I am, he grabs my hand and tugs me up. He then moved his hand to rest on my lower back to guide me, his thumb circling in a comforting way to calm me as we wait for them to come into the living room.

I can feel my hands trembling as the voices get closer and the door opens.

"Harry where are yo-" the female voice stops as she notices us, her eyes instantly going to me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you for reading ❤️