Chapter Twenty Three

I just want to say a few things really quick!

1: I'm sorry for not uploading in a while but I got hooked on a book and couldn't stop reading!

2: I know these time jumps might be annoying but I want to get to a point where there is a lot to do with Aurora and talk through her big milestones in growing up. But once she gets to the age I want, there won't be as many time jumps.

Anyway, enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

*five months later*

Aurora is growing and learning so fast and she's so unbelievably beautiful.

She spends most of her time on her belly and can sit up all by herself with little to no help.

She's also become very grabby and likes pulling on everything in sight which regularly includes my hair and sometimes Harry's considering how much it's grown out.

Today is the first day she's trying baby food and it's rather funny to say the least.

"Does this stuff even taste nice?" Harry asks, looking over the ingredients with squinted eyes.

"I mean, sweet potato and chicken dinner doesn't sound all that appetising." He continues, giving it a smell which results in a gag.

I laugh out loud at his reaction and Aurora smacks her fists on the table, squealing with a wide smile.

"Its not for big people Harold." I say, patting him on the head.

"I just don't feel comfortable feeding her something that I don't like." He says like the overprotective father he is and I see a window of opportunity here.

"Well why don't you try it then." I say with my eyes on Aurora who is eating her fingers.

The next thing I know, Harry is running towards the sink, spitting the baby food out and sticking his mouth under the tap.

I'm bent over in laughter with one hand on my stomach and the other is in the hands of my baby who is fiddling with my ring.

"It's not funny." He grumbles.

"You're right, you're right." I say holding back the laughter. "It's hilarious!" I say and go back to laughing.

He jokingly pouts at me and I bite my lip to stop my laughter, wiping my tears away.

"Give me the baby food." I say, smirking at him and he rolls his eyes, hanging me the food and the baby spoon.

I pull my chair in front of Auroras high chair and Harry comes to sit next to me and just observe.

I dip the spoon in and get a small bit, bringing it in front of her mouth.

She looks at it and tries to grab it, not understanding what is going on.

I weigh my options and come up with an idea.

I make sure she's watching me and bring the spoon up to my mouth, pretending to eat it while making nom noises to try and help her understand what to do and she throws her hands in the air.

"Are you sure that's going to work?" Harry asks chuckling.

"Just shh." I reply, not looking at him.

I move the spoon round to her and instantly she opens her mouth and takes the food, some dribbling out where she tries to eat it which I clean up with her rag.

I look at Harry with a smug expression and he raises his hands in mock surrender.

"Well done baby." I say when I look back at Aurora.

Twenty minutes and one dirty rag later, she's eaten the whole pot and is now tummy first on her plush mat while I wash up.

The radio is on and I'm softly singing along to 'touch' by little mix.

I see movement in the corner of my eye and turn to see Aurora on all fours, crawling over to the cabinet where the radio is and before I know it, her hands are on the side and she's hoisted herself up and begins bopping to the song.

Tears sprung to my eyes as I stand with my mouth open.

She just crawled and stood her self up for the first time and is now dancing.

"Harry!" I shout and he bursts through the living room door, looking at me in concern.

He goes to walk over to me in the kitchen but I stop him and point over to Aurora who is still upright.

As soon as he sees her, his eyes go wide and his hands cover his mouth.

"She just crawled over there." I say, walking over to him.

"She did?" He asks, still in shock.

"Yeah." I say, wiping my eyes.

He kisses the side of my head as I watch her and then he goes over to her and moves to sit on his knees.

She notices him and reaches a hand out to him which he takes.

He then takes her other hand to keep her upright and she squeals in glee as she continues to bop up and down.

The song is now 'starving' and Harry sings along with a smile on his face.

There is noise from behind me but I keep my eyes on my favourite people.

"I know, that's what I said! But then sh-" Anne freezes next to me when she sees what's happening.

"I'll call you back." She says and hangs up before squealing, hugging me tight.

"She's dancing!" She exclaims as if trying to convince herself and I smile brightly at her.

"She also crawled and ate baby food." I fill her in on Auroras achievements and she smiles even wider.

"That's amazing! Oh my god I have to show Robin! He's probably in a meeting but who cares!" She rambles, FaceTiming him with the camera facing the two of them.

"Anne, I'm in a meeti- oh my god!" He shouts and then apologises to someone.

"I know love, look at her!" She says.

"That's incredible, but I should really get back to this meeting, but I fully intend on having a dance of my own with her when I get home." He says smiling.

They say their goodbyes before Anne puts her phone away.

"You know," Anne starts, wrapping an arm around me. "I know she isn't biologically his, but she's just like Harry when he was her age." She says.

"I believe that she is his in spirit." I say with a wide smile, honestly having forgotten that he isn't her blood father.

"I believe that too." She says with a smile as we watch the two on them.