Chapter Twenty Six

The feeling of something moving up my back is what wakes me up the next morning.

I want to panic but it actually feels nice.

"Harry?" I grumble with my croaky morning voice but all I get is a hum in reply which is enough to let me know it's him.

His lips continue their way up my bare back where he lifted my top up as I lay face down on my bed.

"What are you doing?" I ask in a mumble with my eyes still shut.

"You wouldn't wake up so I used a different tactic." He replies once he reaches my ear and I shiver.

"What time is it?" I ask, lifting my head to look at the alarm clock on my bedside table which read 9:45am.

"If you haven't forgotten, we're going to the beach today." He says as his lips press against my cheek, putting a smile on my face.

"You know," he starts as he rolls over to pull me on top of him. "I've never seen you in a bikini before." He smirks and I laugh, slapping his arm before trying to get up.

"No." He states like a child, pulling me against him and I just sigh and let him have his moment before the door opens.

I look over my shoulder and see Gemma bent over, holding Auroras little hands as she attempts to walk.

When she sees me, she squeals and tries walking faster which only results in her almost falling on her bottom if it weren't for Gemma.

I pry Harry's arms off me and reach out to my baby, lifting her off the floor to cuddle her into my chest while still straddling Harry.

She looks at Harry who pretends to be asleep and reaches out to him so I sit her on the bed next to his face and watch her slap his cheek.

"Daddy!" She squeals while I watch her in adoration.

Harry's eye opens and his dimples poke out as he smiles before he grabs her into a hug, making her squeal as she wriggles in his hold.

"Okay daddy, that's enough for this morning." I say with a chuckle, grabbing my baby back, running out of the room to find Gemma.

We reach the kitchen and see Gemma setting up Auroras breakfast.

This reminds me.

Recently, I've noticed how protective Gemma is of Aurora.

I understand that she is her aunt and any relative would be protective of the new baby in the family.

But she's been extremely motherly.

Yet while she looks motherly, her eyes are full of sadness and it's extremely obvious to me.

"Gemma?" I ask as I strap Aurora into her baby seat so Gemma can feed her.

"Yep?" She replies, urging the spoon into Auroras mouth.

"Why have you been so protective of Aurora." I ask, watching carefully for any emotion.

"I-I don't know what you mean." She stutters, avoiding eye contact.

"Gems." I push, placing my hand on her arm to let her know it's okay to tell me.

She sighs and continues feeding Aurora.

"I told you about my fiancé." She starts and I nod to let her know I remember.

"There was something I didn't tell you about that night." She continues and I frown.

"It wasn't just the love of my life I lost in that accident." She looks down.

"I was pregnant." She blurts and I freeze in shock.

"I guess that even though I lost my baby, my motherly instincts never left." She sighs.

"I want a baby more than anything Marilyn." She looks at me as a tear leaves her eye.

I hug her tight and tell her it's ok.

"I'm fine, I just have to accept that being a mother is out of the question now." She says with a forced smile and that's when an idea springs to mind.

"Come on, let's get ready for the beach." I smile as I grab Aurora to go and get ready.

****

"It's so hot." I whine as I lay on my beach towel with the sun rays beating down on me.

"Take your shorts and t-shirt off then you dummy." Harry chuckles, watching Aurora with Gemma in the ocean.

"I can't, my stretch marks look horrible." I mumble and I feel a smack on my arm which makes me jump and I glare at Harry.

"You had a baby in there for nine months, there was bound to be evidence of your strength." He says and I flush red.

"Shut u- oh yeah! Speaking of babies." I say, sitting up to face him.

"Oh god what?" He asks and I laugh.

"Gemma told me about her baby." I say and his face drops slightly.

"But, I have an idea." I say feeling happy with myself.

"Shoot." He says, shifting to face me more.

"So Gemma's birthday is in two days, correct?" I ask and he nods to let me know I'm right. "My birthday present to her is going to be a baby." I say, excited.

Harry stares at me for a minute.

"But you're not a dude and you're my girlfriend." He says confused and I laugh.

"You're so dumb I swear." I say with a smile. "I mean I'm going to take her to an adoption agency and let her get what she always wanted. A baby." I finish and Harry's mouth opens in realisation.

"So how is this going to work?" He asks as I pulls my phone out.

"Like this." I say, typing the number I got off the website this morning into my phone and let it ring.

"Hello?" I hear a woman's voice through the phone.

"Hi, my name is Marilyn and I was wondering if it was possible to stop by in two days? A friend of mine is interested in adopting a baby." I say, pinching sand between my fingers.

"Oh of course my love! We have our youngest at just one month old if that's how young she's looking for?" She asks seeming very pleased.

"Sounds perfect, we'll come and visit in two day around two o'clock if that's ok?"

"It sure is! I'll put your name down right now! Thank you for calling."

"No, thank you." I say with a smile and we say our goodbyes before I hang up, looking at Harry with a smile.

"You're so hot when you're being responsible." He says, laying on top of me, making me laugh.

Let's go get Gemma her baby.