Chapter Twelve

Okay so I woke up this morning to see someone had voted on all the chapters of this story and it made me so happy!

Forgive me for not remembering a name but you know who you are and I want to say thank you!

Anyway, I thought I would say thank you with another chapter so I hope you like it!

~~~~~~~~~~

As we walk through the front door, Gemma is coming down the stairs.

When she sees us she grins.

"Well hello you two." She says as she reaches the bottom of the stairs, stopping in front of us.

She greets me with a kiss on the cheek and a brief hug and moves onto Harry, messing with his hair while he tries to slap her hands away and I can't help but laugh at the two of them.

I let them squabble and I walk into the kitchen, heading straight to where the food is, I grab a few bits and move into the living room, grabbing the remote and plopping down on the sofa, shoving food in my mouth, not caring to be delicate about it.

I feel someone lifting up my legs which are laying across the sofa and I look over from the tv to see Harry sitting down, placing my legs on his lap.

He looks over at me, noticing my stare and he gives me a smile and places one of his hands on my ankle, massaging the area and boy does it feel good, I almost can't concentrate on the tv.

I try to discreetly shift my legs so he gets a different area but he lets out a hiss and I shoot up thinking of hurt him somehow.

"I'm sorry, did I hurt you?" I ask hurriedly but he just chuckles and looks down at my feet.

"No love, I'd just prefer it if you didn't move your feet while they're where they are." He says as if he's trying to hint something and then it hits me and my face heats up.

"Oops, sorry." I say sheepishly.

"It's fine Ari, don't worry about it." He says still finding my reaction amusing.

I know I should probably move my feet but instead I find myself smirking while I shift my feet again and watch for his reaction.

His head throws back slightly and his grip on my leg tightens.

"Ari." He says in a warning tone and it only makes me burst out into fits of laughter.

"Oh you find this funny?" He asks with a smile of his own and I nod, my laughter dying down to a giggle and I bite my lip to hold in my laughter.

In the blink of an eye, he's shifted so he's hovering over me and my laughter stops completely as I look up at him.

His hands shift down to my sides and he digs his fingers in making me squeal, my hand shoots up to cover my mouth but this only makes him carry on.

"H-harry p-p-please." I plead breathlessly between laughter.

He's laughing along with me and I want to stop laughing so I can admire how gorgeous he looks when he laughs.

"Say I'm the best person you've ever met." He says cheekily.

"I'm the best person you've ever met." I say teasingly but that only makes him tickle me more.

"Ok! Ok! You're the best person I've ever met!" I say and he finally stops, leaving me breathless.

He's left hovering over me, staring between my eyes and my heart stops.

He starts leaning down and I can feel my pulse in my ears.

His eyes start to flutter and-

"Well I do hate to interrupt." We hear and Harry instantly sits up, looking at his sister who is leaning against the doorframe with her arms crossed over her chest and a smirk on her face.

I flush red and Harry gets up and leaves the room without a word which stung I'm not gonna lie.

I look over at Gemma who looks extremely happy.

"Sorry." I say sheepishly and she only smiles wider.

"Oh don't you worry." She says turning to leave. "I ship it." She gives me a wink and leaves.

~~~~~~~

"Marilyn love, dinner is ready." I hear Anne shout up the stairs.

I mark the page I was reading in my book and get up from the bed, leaving the room to go downstairs.

As I pass Harry's room, I hear talking so I can't help but stop and listen in when I hear my name being mentioned.

"I know man, but I don't know what to do." I hear him say and I know he's on the phone when I hear a muffled reply.

"But she's pregnant." He says and it feels like a punch to the gut, my eyes fill with tears which I push back.

I should have known I had no chance. I mean, how could he find me attractive? Especially when I'm pregnant. Who could possibly want me when I carry all the baggage I have.

No one.

Not even my parents.

I have to accept that we're friends and nothing more.

And we never will be anything more.

"Okay, bye." He ends the call and I feel a hand rest on my shoulder.

I turn to see Gemma looking at me with a sad smile and I know she heard what he had said and she knows what sort of things are going through my head and she gives me a small hug.

"Come on babe." She whispers in my ear and we hurry down the stairs so he doesn't catch us.

We enter the kitchen and greet Anne and Robin who are already sat at the table.

I take a seat next to Gemma so Harry doesn't have to sit near me and look down at the table.

Gemma takes my hand reassuringly and I give her a thankful smile.

She leans over to me and whispers in my ear.

"We need to talk after dinner." She says so Anne and Robin won't hear which I'm thankful for.

I nod at her with a smile and that's when Harry makes an appearance.

He sits across from me and gives me a small smile which I can't return and his eyebrows tug together.

~~~~~~~~~

Thank you for reading! I hope you liked it, please comment throughout as I love to hear what you're thinking.