Chapter Eighteen

Before people had started arriving, Harry had got us all in the kitchen where Anne was cooking and asked me how I would like everyone to respond when people asked questions about the pregnancy which I was thankful for.

Harry suggested that the best option would be to say that he is the father so people don't feel the need to ask who it is if they say he isn't and I knew I wasn't ready for his family to know that I was raped.

Once we all got the story straight and everyone had agreed, we sat in the kitchen while we waited for people to arrive.

Once they did, Robin went and opened the door.

"Are you sure you can handle this many people." Harry asked me for the tenth time.

"They're your family Harry, how bad can they be?" I say with a smile and he looks nervous.

"Some of them are extremely nosey." He warns.

"I'm fine with that." I say.

"I won't leave your side all night I promise, even if you need to pee." He says jokingly and I laugh at him.

Robin then enters the room with some posh looking people following.

"That's Robins sister June and her husband Dan, they're very rude." Harry whispers in my ear and I gulp.

"Anne, you're looking lovely today." June says, looking her up and down and Anne just nods with a tight smile and rolls her eyes when she looks at Gemma.

"Gemma darling how are you?" She asks, giving her a brief hug and I know she's only going along with this for Robins sake.

"Great thank you." She says with a forced smile.

She moves on to Harry, giving him a brief hug.

"How have you been?" She asks but I know she doesn't care.

"Splendid thank you." He replies.

She nods and moves to look at me.

"And who is this?" She asks.

"This is my girlfriend Marilyn." Harry says seeming proud.

I'm sat at the table so I stand up to shake her hand but before I can, she's gasping as if I have a third leg.

"She's pregnant?!" She asks as if I'm not even here.

"Yes, she's pregnant." Harry says and I pray she doesn't say anything that will trigger Harry's anger.

"Whose is it?" She asks as if I'm going to reply with the Devils name.

"It's mine." He says instantly, wrapping his arm around my waist.

"Harry, you do realise you're nineteen right?" She asks carefully.

"I am fully aware yes." He says.

"How old is she?" She asks yet again like I'm not even there but Harry looks at me to answer and I clear my throat.

"Eighteen ma'am." I say trying so sound polite.

"Eighteen." She repeats in disbelief.

Dan starts tutting and shaking his head from behind her and I can feel Harry tense up so I rub his back to calm him.

"Ok, June, why don't you go and sit on
the sofa and I'll bring you both drinks, is prosecco alright?" He asks trying to save us.

"Oh yes that's lovely." She says as they both walk into the other room and Robin looks at me apologetically and I smile to let him know it's ok.

There is another knock at the door and the nerves kick in again.

Gemma goes this time and when she returns, I cute old couple enter behind her.

"They are my mums parents, they're lovely." He says and I relax.

"Anne my darling, are you trying to cook again?" The little old lady asks laughing lightly.

"Oh hush mother." Anne says.

"Gemma, you look so grown up!" The old man says, cuddling her and she has a genuine smile this time.

"Harold, how many times have I told you to cut your damn hair?" Anne's mum says, walking up to us.

"Sorry nan, I will get right on that." He says with a smile, giving her a hug.

"And who is this?" She asks looking at me.

"Nan, this is my girlfriend Marilyn, Marilyn, this is my nan Betty." He introduces us and I smile as she hugs me.

"And who have we here?" She asks, looking at my stomach.

"This is our baby girl who is currently five months old." Harry says smiling brightly.

"Do you mind?" She asks motioning to my stomach.

"Not at all." I say with a smile and she moves her hands to my stomach, feeling around and I soon feel a kick right where her hand is making her laugh brightly.

"Oh what a darling!" She exclaims. "You better send me pictures Harold." She warns him.

"Of course." He replies with a smile.

"Bobby! Come over here!" She calls over her husband who leaves his conversation with Robin and Anne to reach us.

"Yes love?" He asks.

"Harry my boy, your hair is growing out well I see." He says with a smile and Betty slaps him.

"Don't encourage this." She scowls.

"Bobby, this is Marilyn, she's carrying our first grandchild!" She says smiling at her husband who instantly lights up as he looks at my stomach.

"Oh wow, how far along?" He asks, looking at me.

"Five months." I say with a smile.

"Boy or girl?" He ask with a bright smile.

"Girl." I say.

"That's incredible! Congratulations to the both of you, we will come and visit as soon a possible once she is born." He says, taking my hand and I smile at him, forgetting that the baby isn't even Harry's, but in my heart, I know she is.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Once everyone had arrived, we were all sat around the table with Harry to my right and Gemma to my left.

The food looked incredible and I couldn't wait to dig in.

Harry hand rested on my thigh as he talked to a family member of his.

"So Marilyn." I heard and looked up to see Betty looking at me and I smile, waiting for her to continue.

"Have you thought of any baby names?" She asks looking very excited.

"Honestly, no we haven't come around to thinking about it." I answer truthfully.

"I think Matilda." I hear robins sister chime in and I internally cringe at the name.

"I think it's not your child to have an input on." Betty says, cutting up her chicken and I have to hold in my laughter.

"Let me know if you think of anything." She says smiling at me.

"Absolutely." I reply.

And with only four months to go, I need to get some ideas down.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Sooooo I thought this was the last chapter I was gonna do today but I kind of want to keep going urghhhh.