Chapter Four

*cough* buy four on iTunes *cough*

~~~~~~~

*Marilyn's POV*

I've gotten halfway through my sandwich before the sound of someone clearing their throat is heard just a short distance away from me.

Startled, my head shoots up at the sound to be met by a boy who looks around my age.

My eyebrows knit together in confusion  when I realise that he is indeed talking to me. But why? Does he want to pry into my personal issues regarding the rumour? Is he here to make fun of me or laugh at me?

The friendly smile says otherwise, the grin making his dimples pop.

He looks frozen as we share a state before he comes back to reality, extending his hand towards me.

"Hi, my name is Harry." He says, his smile growing slightly.

I stare at his hand for a moment, contemplating what could go wrong from this. To which I come up with many reasons.

I do this a lot, only think about the bad out of a situation. I try very hard not to, but it's difficult without the help of pills to keep me steady. But I could never risk hurting my angel with that, so I go without.

I silently curse myself when my hand shakes as I hesitantly reach over to complete the handshake I've been offered.

"Marilyn." I speak soft and slow as to make sure I don't stutter or mess up.

My hand feels tingly as I retract it from his rough one and I move it to sit on the bottom of my stomach, an anxiety reliever I've found works for me and I instantly calm slightly.

His own hands move to play with his food, something I despise, it looks like a perfectly good burger, although half eaten, I can't help but stare, my stomach growling, my angel demanding more food. My hand moves back and forth on my stomach to soothe the hunger and I close my eyes tight for a moment before opening them and looking over his face to see him already looking at mine.

My cheeks feel hot under his gaze and I swallow harshly.

I decide that the silence is too much so I open my mouth.

"Can I h-help you at all?" I ask quietly, cursing myself for the stutter.

He observers me for a few more moments before speaking up.

"Are you hungry?" Is all he says.

A frown makes its way to my face and I look down at my stomach briefly before my eyes meet his again.

"W-why do you ask?" I manage to choke out.

His smile softens "I heard your stomach growl."

My cheeks flush once again, I had hoped he wouldn't hear.

"Um.. I-I have my own food." I mutter not meeting his eyes.

He looks to his half eaten burger as if contemplating something. In that time I study him. His brown hair looks freshly cut and styled into a quiff on his head, his cheekbones and jawline stand out against the rest of his features, the result is beautiful but not unhealthy. His lips are a perfect shape and suit his face shape in a lovely shade of pink.

While I'm observing his features, he looks up from his food, his hand reaching up to push the tray in my direction.

Once it comes to sit in front of me, his eyes meet my confused ones.

"I hope you aren't a germaphobe." He says with a light chuckle and I realise what his intentions were.

I look to the food and then back to him.