Chapter Seven

*Marilyn's POV*

I look into his eyes in pure disbelief, completely speechless at his words.

"Come on! It will be great! We have a spare room you can stay in, you can have all the food you want as well." He begins to go on and on about how his idea is so amazing, a dimple smile gracing his flawless face as he paces before me, looking into my eyes every so often, but I can't seem to find my voice.

He comes to stop in front of me, both hands finding themselves on my cheeks, the slight pressure making my lips pout as he smiles wide.

"What do you say?" He asks seeming giddy.

I think over his offer, on one hand, this could be great for when my angel enters the world, they would have a warm place to sleep and food to eat. I'd also get a bed that doesn't scream at me everytime I would so much as move an inch. I'd also have a proper kitchen where I can cook my angel cookies and cakes. But on the other hand, I'd be intruding in his home, getting in the way of his everyday life, his family would have to deal with my mood swings and then my angel would come and then they'd be kept awake with the crying and I'd get kicked out by another family.

"Marilyn?" I snap back into reality at that and prepare my answer.

"I can't." I whisper.

His smile drops and I feel terrible.

"Why?" He's eyes switch between mine.

"I couldn't intrude on your life let alone bring a baby into it, that would be wrong of me." I explain.

He frowns at me.

"What can I say to make you change your mind?" He almost begs.

"Why do you want me to live with you so badly? I'm the biggest waste of space, I have so many issues, I'm not worth the effort." I exclaim feeling defeated as I move away from him to grip onto the hair on my head in a tight hold, looking at the floor. I'm sure I look insane right now but I don't care at this point.

"Marilyn love, you are not any of those things, you're worth all my time and effort and I'm willing to give it to you if you'd just let me." He tries to soothe me.

"I've been abandoned by one family, I can't go through that again. I don't have the strength." At this point, tears stream down my face.

"Marilyn." He tries to get through to me.

"You just met me Harry, you know what happened to me, why are you even here right now?" I exclaim, pulling harder on my hair.

I know what I'm doing, I've been so hurt in the past that now I can't feel that pain again and I'm trying to hurt him and push him away so he can't hurt me even though my heart is screaming at me to let him in but with no pills to keep me at a neutral level, I can't stop myself.

Hurt flashes through Harry's eyes and my heart clenches.

"I know what you're doing Marilyn and it won't work, I'm not leaving you here to fend for yourself." He moves towards me, carefully removing my hands from my now throbbing head but keeps them in his hands as he speaks. "I don't know why I feel the need to protect you, but I do, and nothing you say or do is going to change that." He moves so he's at my eye level. "Let me take care of you Marilyn." His voice now down to a whisper.

I find myself nodding before I can even think about it. His smile returns and one of his hands leaves mine to meet my cheek softly, his face moves forward to mine as he places a lingering kiss on my forehead and I can't help but close my eyes at the feeling, my body relaxing under his touch from my breakdown.