i love you, im sorry

warnings : none but a bit too much stupidity tbh lol
word count : 896

"how much have you had to drink?" you ask him, his leaning weight on you beginning to hurt you. you brush your fingers through his dark hair and feel him move backwards, meeting your gaze intensely.

"i'm almost .. sober." jungkook slurs before dropping right back onto you, almost crushing you with his body.

"i really need to tell you something." you say shyly, hoping the two shots you had taken just a while ago would kick in right about now. "i just .. wanted to say that i love you, i'm sorry."

"want to know what rhymes with drunk? sex!" jungkook cheers, a wide smile stretching on his beautiful face illuminated by the party lights.

"jungkook .. is there any part of you, deep down that might love me back, too?" your voice is soft, barely audible but his head is leaning into your shoulder, hot breath fanning your neck and his body immediately stiffens as those words leave your lips.

"i've had .. eleventy twelve beers. can you take me drunk i'm home?" jungkook slurs again, moving back unsteadily and cradling your face in his hands as tears begin to form in your eyes. "aw .. don't cry my y/n, tell me what's wrong."

"i can't do this anymore .. i'm just tired—"

"then go to sleep?" jungkook says smartly, although his voice is still laced with excessive alcohol. you push yourself off the wall and hold jungkook by the waist as he wraps his arms around your shoulders strongly. "i'm tired too. are we going to sleep together?"

your tears fall from the verge of your eye, instantly slipping right down your cheek. maybe you should have told him this earlier, when he was truly sober so that you didn't have the suffer the rest of the week with this burden grudging you. you hold him by the waist tighter and lead him towards your car.

"i'm taking you home, jungkook." your voice is a little hoarse, the huge lump in your throat not able to be swallowed. you unlock your car as the both of you are several metres away and you open the door for him knowing that it was an action he wouldn't be able to perform properly. jungkook always drank a little too much, but it never bothered you because it meant that you were able to look after him, just like he looks after you. except you don't drink at all, like at all. you're just his water girl, supervisor after eleven when he's too drunk to think straight and of course, his full time best friend.

you make sure that jungkook sits down carefully, and put on his seatbelt for him, his fingers unable to coordinate very well at this point. "why do people wear boxers? i mean, they're just small pants."

your turn on the engine of the car and stay silent, no words able to be formed right now. your voice is barely audible anyways, so there's no point trying to talk to a man so drunk that he probably doesn't even remember your name.

"it's y/n." jungkook says as he tips his head back on the chair and closes his eyes. "you're thinking, a bit too loud i think." he continues stupidly, and you speed down the empty road. or maybe .. it's called thinking out loud, genius-kook.

after several minutes of his unnecessary blabbering and stupid comments, you pull up at his house and unbuckle your belt. it is absolutely humiliating to face the boy you had just confessed to, your love for him that had been validated four years ago when he had first comforted you while you were crying.

being best friends, you had the key to his home and knew where absolutely everything was. after tucking him into his bed of beautiful navy velvet sheets and leaving him some water and aspirin for tomorrow morning on his bedside table, you softly press a chaste kiss to his exposed forehead.

"when i said i love you, i meant it. but can we just pretend that i never said that, please?" you sigh, knowing that your words were useless but you just had to get them off your chest. "i know that you don't feel the same way .. and i can't live like this anymore. i just thought you should know, because i don't want to see you again. i can't. it's too hard for me to look at you without falling deeper in love with—"

"i love you, y/n." he say cutely, tiredly with closed eyes. you pay attention to his pretty pink lips and smile because he's listening, but knowing that the words leaving his mouth weren't necessary true. he pulls you from your position, down onto the bed roughly and fixates the both of you until your curled up into his strong arms. "i've loved you for a long, long time.

i don't know how you put up with me, but you do and i love you for that. i love you a little too much." he says smoothly and clearly, brushing his fingers through your hair.

"and even after your confession and my fake drunken mess acts, you still put up with me and wanted me to be completely okay and safe before you left. i love you. i love you so much,

so be mine, y/n?"

an: so basically he pretended to be drunk and dismissed her confession to see what she would do .. but despite all she still wants to care and look after him ... making sure he's always safe especially when he's drunk (gotta luv drunk!kook) anyways yeah so he BASICALLY tested her and she passed it and then they got married ok u guys always get married in my stories bc i only believe in dating to get married ok so um yea it's 12:30am and this is unedited i'll probably edit tomorrow morning and i have school but i really wanted to write like i miss writing lol omg i had no short story ideas (um yea talk about my 44 drafts atm lmao)  so i just merged a bunch of some tumblr sentence starters !! :)) i like heartbreak but i just love jungkook too much
thanks for reading up til here u are the real mvp