the royals & the rebels 1/2

warnings : none
word count: 1972

tonight, in the room full of enemies trying to make amends; the royals wear blue and the rebels wear yellow. but you wear red.

it isn't because you are neither of them; or refuse to be. it's because you are both. your father is a royal who met your mother, a rebel at an event just like this. being star-crossed lovers, they were not allowed to marry. your mother had told oh that when she fell pregnant with you, your father ran away in fear. this man who claimed he loved her so much, had already bore another two children in the past with a different woman. your mother told you to stay away from the royals. they might have been richer, more handsome and charming however she warned you that they were truly the ugliest people full of fake charisma and the poorest, lacking the most important emotion in life; love.

the highlight of this ball is the dance between the enemies. the royals are to dance with the rebels, their partners chosen through a raffle-like system.

"y/l/n y/n." everyone gasps and turns their heads to you, who almost chokes on the coke she's drinking. your eyes are wide as you look up at him, who stands on the stage so effortlessly beautiful. "she's the one in the red, isn't she?"

his voice is clearly unhappy, and he doesn't seem so satisfied when he looks at you either. jeon jungkook tries his best to stay away from the colour red; even though it intrigues him so much.

he steps down from the stage and trashes the piece of paper with your name on it, however he still makes his way towards you as you are his partner of the night and he doesn't want to seem weak or scared of you.

he's dressed in a beautiful blue tux, hair somehow amazingly tousled on top of his head. his face looks like it has been sculpted by the hand of god himself, and his eyes .. are those blue eye contacts? how .. strange. even though you find it quite weird that he's wearing contacts; you find it amusing.

"so you really know how to make a scene. what a rebel, truly." he chortles lowly as he pours himself a glass of water. "you wanted attention so much you rebel against the rules?"

"actually ..." you go speechless at how rude the boy had gotten in a short span of seconds. "wow, i don't know how to say this."

"yeah, what a buffoonery." he says, thinking that he had swept you off your feet (not the way girls like), leaving you completely stunned and able to fathom your words.

"no, no. i didn't mean to wear red so that i could stand out or anything. i just ..."

"don't want to side with your rebel mates because they embarrass you?" he cocks up a brow and you shake your head, moving back tentatively.

"no, well i guess it makes more sense if i wore green. my mother is a rebel and my father is —"

"a royal." he nods his head once understandingly. "you have both royal and rebel blood."

"yeah." you tell him almost shamefully, being in front of someone who is a hundred percent royal. he knows where he belongs and he's accepted too, whilst you don't really belong in any category. it is rather embarrassing to not fit in anywhere. "i'm sorry if this red agitates you, i didn't mean for it to have that impression. what's your name, by the way?"

"jeon jungkook, and no need to apologise. it's just one dance, and i'll never see you again." he takes another long sip of his drink and looks everywhere but at you. your mother was the kindest person, she never wanted to hate the royals as much as she did but the reason they gave her was too extreme for her to forgive and forget. she loved your father with all that she had, and spent her life waiting for him to come home to her, just once more. but stress kills you. waiting kills you.