accept the love you deserve

warnings: none but maybe this is very badly written i get worse everyday ごめん🙇‍♀️ ごめん🙇‍♀️ o also dis unedited
word count: 2646

summary: your best friend loves you more than the total of love your boyfriend has in his heart, however you believe you're destined to suffer instead of accepting the love you really deserve.

"you can't keep doing this to yourself, y/n." jungkook shakes his head, deep and creamy voice resonating through your body lightly. you almost melt in jungkook's warm arms that feel much more like home than .. his ones. "you deserve so much better."

"you don't understand, jungkook. i .. love him. so much, i don't even know what to do. i think i'm destined to live a life full of pain." he caresses your cheek, wiping your tears with the smooth pad of his fingers.

"love isn't pain, y/n." jungkook pulls you closer into his embrace until you're crying into his soft torso instead. "love is not mental or physical abuse. love is something really beautiful. the key to a happiest life is to love and to be loved."

"he does love me." your voice is slightly muffled against his chest, and he holds onto you even tighter you swear you can hear i love you in his arms. "he loves me."

"love is not cheating. love is not those cuts and bruises on your body, it is not explosive anger, ownership or force. love doesn't lie, keep secrets or hurt you so much like this. you don't destroy the people you love, y/n." you step out of his embrace, his eyes widening and shocked at the loss of something so precious that was in his arms only a moment ago. "y/n, please don't go back to him."

your eyes water, and you don't know if his ones do too, or that your blurry vision wants to play tricks on you. "you don't get to validate my feelings. i can love who i want to .. without you getting in the way."

"don't do this, y/n. he's going to break your heart again and again, he's going to cheat and lie to you again and again because he knows it's okay, because he knows you'll forgive him." jungkook tries to grasp you in his empty warms again but you step farther away from him. "i just want to protect you, y/n. you're a beautiful girl, you're intelligent, full of love and so caring. you deserve so much more."

"how do you know what i deserve?" you wipe your eyes with your sleeve and swallow a sob.

"because you're a good person, y/n. you love people with love that's more than just love. you look after everyone, forgiving them time after time and only remembering them with your sorry heart. you're humble, kind and patient. you hold the moon, the sun and the stars for many people. you're an inspiration to young children; yet here you are, hanging with a gang leader who despises every amazing act that you do."

you turn on your heel, tears slipping down your cheeks and the sob you stuck into your throat throbbing with pain. maybe you are made to not be loved, while everybody else is. maybe it is written in the stars for you to suffer.

"y/n, i love you." his voice is so soft you must have imagined it. you must have.

"come on, let's have some fun. get your head out of that boring ass book and go to the beach party." yoongi mutters as he pulls the book out of your hands; making you groan because you hadn't remembered the page. who even has a beach party during autumn?

"give it back, yoongi." your voice was loud, but when you saw the expression on his face it became low like a whisper. "i don't really want to go out tonight, sorry."

"did i say that you had a choice? get up and get dressed or i'm leaving you here." he huffs in annoyance, running his fingers through his hair frustratedly. he looks good, tongue lazily licking his upper lip as he's dressed well in black.