Proposal (Imagine #3)

(Y/N) P.O.V.

You stood backstage watching your boyfriend's band, R5, perform. As they finished what you thought would be their last song, Ross said into his microphone, "Before we go there's one more thing I'd like to do. (Y/N), get out here!" You nervously stepped onstage, wondering what your mischievous boyfriend was up to. Rydel pulled up a chair and sat you down onstage. As Ross attached a Bluetooth microphone to his ear, you gave him a confused look. He simply smiled back and grabbed an acoustic guitar. Ross shushed the audience and his band and started playing an all-too-familiar tune.

Wise men say

Only fools rush in

But I can't help falling in love with you

Shall I stay

Would it be a sin

If I can't help falling in love with you

Like a river flows

Surely to the sea

Darling so it goes

Some things were meant to be

Take my hand

Take my whole life too

Cause I can't help falling in love with you

Like a river flows

Surely to the sea

Darling so it goes

Some things were meant to be oh

Take my hand

Take my whole life too

Cause I can't help falling in love with you

The crowd went insane while you hid your face in your hands so people won't notice you blushing. "(Y/N)?" Ross said as he pried your hands from your face. You looked up to see Ross at your level, down on one knee. You gasped as he had a stupid grin on his face. Covering your mouth with your hands, Ross began his speech.

"(Y/N), from the moment I met you I knew I was in love with you. These past few years together have been amazing, but definitely not enough. I love you and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. You're so perfect and the only thing I would dare change about you is your last name. So, with that being said... Will you marry me?" He asked as he pulled a black velvet box out of his pocket. He opened it to reveal the ring you always wanted.

-Flashback-

You stood next to the kitchen counter gazing at your phone. Pulled up on the screen was a picture of a beautiful engagement ring. It was a gold band with a rose on the top. In the middle of that rose was a small diamond.

It was no less than perfect. You pictured Ross proposing to you with that ring. The scenario seemed like heaven. But it seemed too early in the relationship for him to propose. Plus, he couldn't read your mind so it wasn't like he was going to coincidentally pick that one. And you weren't going to ask him for it, that seemed greedy.

"What you looking at babe?" Ross asked as he approached you. You flipped your phone upside down and set it on the counter under your hand. Ross gave you a suspicious look.

"Oh, nothing," you tried to play it cool. Ross went to kiss you and the moment his lips made contact with yours, he snatched your phone. "No," you mumbled reaching for your phone. He stared down at the picture and just smiled. You hid your head in your hands, blushing like crazy. You heard him chuckle beside you and press a soft kiss to your temple.

"Maybe one day."

-End of flashback-

The ring glistened in the bright stage lights. Ross stared at you with hopeful eyes, waiting for his answer. "Yes! Yes, of course!" you chirped, standing up to hug him. His arms instinctively went around your waist. You felt yourself being lifted off the ground and being spun around. Ross set you back on the ground, sighing with contentment. He pulled back and grabbed your left hand, not once breaking eye contact as he slid the ring onto your finger. "You actually found it?" you asked in shock.

"Yea, I went through so many shops and I finally found the one you wanted. I just wanted this to be perfect," he explained.

"Oh trust me, it is," you responded, grabbing his face and pulling him in for a passionate kiss. The screaming crowd made you jump, you had totally forgotten that you were still onstage.

That's the way it was with Ross, he made you forget all of your surroundings. It was just you and him, forever.