Best Friends Forever (Imagine #6)

(Y/N) P.O.V.  *Age 5*

"Sweetie you'll be fine, you'll love school once you've made a few friends," your mother reassured you. Today was day one of kindergarten and the idea of new people and having teachers scared you. As you walked into the classroom, holding your mom's hand, a blonde boy approached you.

"Hi, I'm Ross," the little boy beamed. You let go of your mom's hand and hid behind her legs, peaking from behind them to catch another glimpse of the cute boy.

"Go on, he's just being friendly," she shooed you towards Ross as she went to talk to your new teacher.

"Hi," he beamed again.

"Hi," you replied, holding your hands behind your back and looking everywhere but his eyes. He was pretty cute, making you all the more nervous to talk to him. You didn't care about the so-called 'cooties' the older kids complained about.

"Wanna play? There's a bunch of toys and stuff back here," he offered sweetly. You looked to the back of the room to see a whole lot of toys that ached to be played with. You nodded, and Ross took your hand. A weird feeling erupted in your stomach. What was this? It was almost as if... you couldn't put your mind to it. Almost like you had swallowed a bunch of butterflies and they fluttered in your stomach. Your mother looked over at you and your new friend, smiling at the adorable sight.

That was the start of a beautiful friendship, and maybe even more.

-Present Day-

"Oh my god. I remember that like it was yesterday," Ross sighed as he recalled the day you two met. That was 15 years ago yet you both remembered it so vividly.

"I know, I was so nervous," you giggled, readjusting your legs on his lap.

"You turned into a cherry when I grabbed your hand," he reminisced, smiling with so much content.

"I miss those days. Little us against the world," you sighed, leaning against his chest.

"The only difference now is that we're older. It will always be you and me," he promised as he kissed you sweetly. You pressed your forehead to his after pulling away.

"Promise? Promise me that we'll always be best friends, whether or not we're together," you asked as he gently caressed your cheek with his thumb.

"I promise." You giggled happily as he pressed another passionate kiss to your lips. You had definitely gotten over the cooties stage by now.