Request For Cheyenne (Imagine #23)

Cheyenne's P.O.V.

"Really, Ross? Again?" I asked him as he set his fifth beer bottle onto the coffee table, cracking open another one.

"Lay off. I'm not your problem," he muttered as he brought the bottle to his lips. I used to kiss those same lips with so much passion, but he isn't the same. He'd been drinking a lot lately. He said it was a stress reliever, but it's gotten out of hand.

"Yes, you are my problem. You're my boyfriend and we live together, so of course you are," I started raising my voice. "I'm not gonna let you throw away all of your talent and all you've accomplished for this shit. You're better than this," I continued as I took the bottle from him. An instant fire rose in his eyes when I had his beer in my possession.

"You're a smart woman. So if I were you, I'd give that back," he lowered his voice to an intimidating level as he stood up. If he wasn't Ross, I'd definitely be afraid.

"No. You need help, Ross," I said as I left the living room and dumped the remaining liquid into the kitchen sink.

"I don't need help, and I don't need you!" he growled as he followed me into the kitchen. That one stung. Sober Ross would never even dream to say that to me.

"Yes, you do need help," I started. "Look at you. Here you are, drinking the night away and fighting with me. If this was any normal day, you'd be down in the studio getting drunk off music. Then you'd come to bed late at night and we would cuddle and talk about everything. I don't even remember the last time you said you loved me!"

I had never seen so much anger in his eyes when I finished ranting. I didn't have time to process what was going on before my head was turned to the side, my left cheek burning from the contact. Tears immediately filled my eyes. It wasn't just from the pain, it was also from shock. There stood the man that I wanted to have a family with, and he had just hit me.

I whimpered as I looked back up at him. I've always been able to find his emotions through his eyes, but this time they were unreadable. I scoffed and ran out of the kitchen. I went into our -his- bedroom and packed my things. I had some of my clothes, my electronics, chargers, and other belongings.

When I made my way downstairs, Ross was situated on the couch, staring at his phone. "I'm going to Rydel's," I mumbled as I grabbed my keys. He didn't respond, which made me scoff in disgust. "Have a great life without me," were my last words to him before I fled what I called home.

-3 Months Later-

"Hey, Delly," I greeted as I got home from work.

"Hey," she responded. I was making my way upstairs to the guest room before our conversation went any further.

I made my way to the closed door and swung it open, stepping inside. Once I turned around, I noticed an all too familiar figure standing in the room. "Ross," I sighed, making a cold expression. As tussled as he looked, he still looked sober.

"Cheyenne," he said, but with a much softer tone than me.

"How'd you get in here?" I asked.

"Rydel let me in, but it wasn't easy. I practically had to get on my knees," he explained.

"Ok, but what do you want?"

"Did you seriously ask me that? I came to get you back," he said with a hint of confidence.

"You're not getting me back so you might as well go home," I responded with a harsh tone. He doesn't deserve a second chance, not when he put his hands on me.

"Oh, come on, please. I'll get on my knees and beg you, too. I have completely sobered up. I haven't touched an ounce of alcohol since that night. And plus, that house isn't home anymore. Not without you in it."

"Should've thought about that before you hit me," I retorted.

"I know, and I'm so sorry. I didn't mean anything I said or did. I do need you, and I shouldn't have put my hands on you. I needed to show you how much you meant to me, and I did need some help. But I'm sober now, and I need you to give me another shot to be myself again." I sighed and pinched the bridge of my nose. I did miss him, but the angel on my shoulder was holding me back from giving into him. "Ok, it seems I'm not getting my point across. You've always been able to connect with me through my lyrics so I wrote some things down. I'm better at expressing myself on paper," he said as he handed me a folded piece of paper from his back pocket.

I opened it slowly and took a look at what was written down.

1) I know that there's something about you, and the way that I want you.

There's something about you I'm drunk to, but there's nothing I can do.

I know you got away

All my time is consumed with your face.

I tell myself that this feeling will fade.

And I know that it won't.

2) But even when we fight, I can't stop from loving you.

You know we can't be friends.

Can I taste your lips again?

Things that you say, I can't erase.

Repeating days, it's all the same.

As simple as they seemed, his words had power to them. He was right, we connected on a deeper level on paper. My eyes immediately flooded with tears. I then wasn't so sure about my decision. "God, I hate you," I whimpered as I cried. He gently brought me into his arms, a place I had craved to be for so long.

"That's too bad, because I love you. I know I sucked at showing it, but if you give me another chance, I'll never let you forget it," he said as he soothingly rubbed circles on my back. Hearing him tell me he loved me really hit my soft spot. I hadn't heard it from him in so long.

"I love you, too," I gave in.

"That's my girl," he chuckled as he placed a kiss on the top of my head. I pulled away from him and he brought me into a gentle kiss. I immediately melted into him, reciprocating the kiss with more passion. We eventually pulled away and I pressed my forehead to his.

"It feels unusual with all of this affection. I'm not used to it," I joked.

"Well, get used to it. I'm gonna love the living daylights out of you. You're gonna get sick of me," he laughed.

"I could never get sick of you. I can't ever get enough."

And with that, we melted into another passionate kiss. I knew that everything was gonna be ok, and we'd be back to normal in no time.

(A/N) Tada! I hope it's good, Cheyenne😁 I really liked writing this one. I'm honestly surprised I got two done in one night. I've only got one more left! Have a good day guys, I'm gonna go pass out 'cause it's midnight.