Harvey (Imagine #27)

Your P.O.V.

I was nestled in my bed, reading a quite boring book. But with my stubborn nature, I couldn't start something without finishing it. So there I laid, reading about some kid that could talk to animals. Save that for Disney, author.

A vibration disturbed the quiet atmosphere, but I was glad I finally had an excuse to put the book down. My eyes landed on my phone. It was obnoxiously vibrating on my bedside table, jittering rapidly from side to side from the contact of the wooden table. The screen lit up with a name I always loved to see: Harvey. I smiled brightly at the thought of my boyfriend, reaching for my phone immediately.

"Hey, Harv," I spoke into the phone cheerily. One could practically hear my smile, if that was even possible.

"(Y/N)," he sighed loudly into the phone. I could sense his distress. My cheery mood plummeted.

"What's wrong, Harvey?" I replied gently.

"He did it again," he said. A part of me guessed it was about his father. "Dad.. h-he... keeps trying to force me to work at the mines. Tommy stood up for me, but Dad hit him again. And me. It's bad, (Y/N), I-I need to get out of here. I can't go back there," his voice cracked with his last sentence. A whine could be heard in his voice as he ranted. Perhaps he was crying.

"Baby, I need you to calm down first," I soothed into the phone. "Climb out of your window and come to my house. I'll let you in through my window."

"Ok," he whimpered, a sniffle following after that.

"I love you, Harvey."

"I love you, too, (Y/N)."

And with that, the receiver went silent. Now all that was left to do was wait. In the meantime, I turned some music on in my room so my parents wouldn't hear Harvey.

After a few minutes, a knocking was heard at my window. Greendale was a pretty small town, which meant going places on foot was quick and easy. I crossed my room and opened my window. Harvey crawled in quietly, shutting the window behind him.

"Hey-" I was cut off by him pulling me into a tight hug. His body shook like a chihuahua, his breaths uneven. I decided on staying quiet and rubbing my hand up and down his back. It seemed to calm him down considering the fact that his chest rose and fell steadily after a few minutes.

I reluctantly pulled away from his grasp, meeting his eyes. They were red and glossy, his cheeks stained in dry tears. "Oh, baby," I cooed softly, cupping his cheeks.

"I feel stupid," he finally spoke. "I ran away. I left Tommy to deal with that monster for the night. I'm nothing but chicken shit." He was very angry with himself.

"You're not chicken shit, Harvey," I persuaded. "No one in this world is fearless. Being human doesn't make you a coward." I kept his face in my hands, rubbing his newly fallen tears away with my thumbs. He sighed, his body language showing he somewhat accepted what I said.

"Can I just lay with you?" he asked, almost desperately. His soft, brown eyes wouldn't allow me to say no to him—not that I'd want to anyways.

"Of course," I spoke softly as I placed a piece of hair, that had fallen in front of his eyes, back on top of his head. We both slowly crawled into my bed. He laid on his back as I cuddled into his side.

"I love you, Harvey. As long as you're with me, you're safe," I whispered to him.

"Thank you. I love you, too," he smiled as he placed a soft kiss on my forehead. I could tell he was tired, so with a snap of my fingers, I put him to sleep.

He's safe with me as long as he isn't a part of my other life: the witch life.