Request For Carissa (Imagine #21)

Carissa's P.O.V.

Today was the day of Ross and I's weekly movie night. We had been best friends for years, and every Friday we would get a bunch of snacks and watch movies.

I knocked on his door at 7pm sharp, which was our normal meeting time. "Hey, Carissa. Come in," he smiled once he opened the door. I made my way to his bedroom and flopped onto his bed. Different types of chips and candies were laying on the foot of the bed.

"What movie are we watching this time?" I asked as I grabbed a bag of skittles.

"Paranormal activity," he said in a dramatic voice. He popped the dvd in and jumped next to me on his bed.

"Are you sure this is a good idea? Can't we watch, like, Mean Girls or something?" I asked, trying not to show that I was too scared. I wasn't a huge fan of scary movies.

"Oh you'll be fine, just eat your skittles and calm down," he chuckled. I sighed, dreading watching this movie.

---

We were halfway through the movie, and I was doing ok. Of course I jumped at the jump scares, and maybe spilled some of my skittles, but I hadn't freaked out that much. But maybe I spoke too soon.

There was a really bad jump scare. You know, the ones that make you look at it for a long time then it pops in out of nowhere and starts screaming. I whimpered and hid in Ross's chest. He simply chuckled and continued watching the movie. As I stayed cuddled up to him, my breathing started to get ragged. With each breath I took, it was getting harder and harder to get air. My heart rate picked up as a sharp pain rose in my chest. "Hey, you ok?" Ross asked, probably noticing my odd behavior. I stayed clutched to him as I tried to breathe.

"Seriously, what's going on?" he questioned, worry evident in his voice. I couldn't form words to tell him I was having a panic attack. I don't even think he knew about my anxiety. I've never had an attack in front of him. "Oh, shit. You're having a panic attack," he mumbled to himself. He sat up and brought me with him. "Hey, Carissa, look at me. Just breathe with me, ok?"

He started taking deep breaths, motioning with his hands when to inhale and exhale. I followed his instructions and tried to match my breathing with his. Eventually my heart rate slowed down and I laid back on his bed. I was still feeling a bit shaky. "You good now?" he asked as he hovered over me.

"Yea, I'm good," I breathed out.

"That was scary," he sighed. "I'll go put in Mean Girls." His statement made me smile.

"I'm sorry you had to see that," I told him as he laid back down on the bed.

"It's ok, it's not your fault." I went to turn my head towards him, but little did I know that he was leaning in to kiss my cheek at that moment. Our lips touched for about half a second before we both pulled away in shock.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry," I awkwardly apologized. I could feel the blush rise to my cheeks.

"I-it's ok," he stumbled over his words. There was a long awkward pause before he sighed and muttered, "Fuck it." I didn't have time to react before his lips were connected to mine. I soon found myself kissing him back. After a few seconds, we both pulled away.

"What was that all about?" I whispered. I was still in shock.

"I'm just gonna come out and say it," he started. "I've had feelings for you for a long time, but I was afraid to say something. I thought I had been friend-zoned years ago."

"Seriously?" I asked. "I thought you friend-zoned me."

He looked to me in what seemed like shock, but eventually a smiled tugged on the end of his lips. "So, you like me back?"

"Of course I do, Ross. I mean, who wouldn't like you?" I reasoned. He smiled even wider and brought me in for another unexpected kiss. I, of course, kissed him back.

"Well, now that we got that out of the way, will you be my girlfriend?" he asked with an innocent smile once we pulled away.

"Only on one condition," I insisted.

"You name it."

"No more scary movies," I joked as I poked a finger into his chest.

"Done."

(A/N) I hope you liked it Carissa! I hope I got the panic attack part sort of accurate because I've never had one so idk what happens ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. I've got two requests left, so y'all sit tight and I'll have them up soon!

*Future Me (A/N)* Wow, pre-anxiety me, way to rub it in😂