Request For Haylie (Imagine #19)

Haylie's P.O.V.

"Sooo, figured out who you're going to prom with?" my best friend Ally ((A/N) I just made that up for the sake of the story 😂) asked me as we walked into the school building. She was on the softball team along with me, so we inevitably became friends.

"No one's asked me yet," I shrugged.

"But I know you're secretly dying to go with Ross," she chuckled. I scoffed and playfully pushed her. As much as I would deny it, it was true. Like every other female being in this school, I had a huge crush on Ross Lynch. But I'd never have a chance, he's the most popular guy in school and he could have any girl he wants.

---

I was looking forward to going home and doing absolutely nothing, but change of plans. I had gotten a detention for having my phone in class. Yea, it may be a little rude, but it's 2017. Everyone knows teens have separation anxiety when it comes to their precious phones.

I was surprised to see I was the only one in the detention room. You'd expect to see at least a few jocks throwing paper airplanes at each other. I just kept myself occupied with some math homework I was assigned earlier. "I need to use the restroom real quick. I expect you to be on your best behavior, Miss Haylie," the teacher said as he rose from his chair. I rolled my eyes as my pencil kept moving.

After the teacher left, I heard a knock on the door. I snapped my head up, looking to see who or what made the noise. It was dead silent so I turned back to my homework. As I was finishing a problem on the worksheet, something hit my foot, making me jump and mark a huge line across my paper. I groaned at the mark and looked towards my foot. It was a softball. That's wierd...

I suspiciously picked up the ball and looked at it. I noticed there was writing on it in red marker. All it said was "Prom?" in neat handwriting. Underneath the note, the initials RL were neatly scripted onto the ball. I smiled slightly and looked back up towards the door. All I saw was a head of blonde hair before they hid behind the door again.

Before I could process what was happening, a red Sharpie rolled next to my foot. I picked it up and contemplated before I wrote my answer. I was pretty sure Ross was the only blonde guy in this school, but I didn't want to get my hopes up. I shrugged and wrote "yes" on the other side of the ball. Closing the pen, I threw it back out the doorway and rolled the ball after it.

After a few seconds of silence, I heard a soft voice mumble, "Home run." I smiled to myself, knowing exactly who it was.

"You're such a dork, Ross," I smiled. He peeked his head into the doorway with the biggest smile.

"A dork you like, according to this softball," he teased as he held up he ball.

"Just go before the teacher comes back," I whisper, hoping he wouldn't get caught.

"One more thing," he mumbled as he scurried into the room. Before I could respond, he quickly gave me a peck on the lips. I sat in shock as he pulled away. "See you at prom," he smiled. Soon after Ross left, the teacher walked back in and sat at his desk, not suspecting a thing.

Did that really just happen?

(A/N) Hope you liked it Haylie! I just want to say thank you to the select few that have left me requests. It's very rewarding to have people come to you and say they like your writing and would like you to write something for them. I love all of you guys and thank you so much for reading! ❤️