Whipped (Imagine #16)

Ross's P.O.V.

I had to see her.

I knew she had no intention on seeing me again after things ended between us, but I didn't care. She was all I ever wanted in life, so she wasn't going to slip through my fingers.

I threw on a hoodie and grabbed my keys. I left the house in a hurried manner so my siblings wouldn't notice me.

As I cruised under the LA street lights, one hand gripped the steering wheel tightly, while the other was situated in my hair. My heart rate increased as I got closer to my destination.

What would she think when she saw me again? The last time I saw her I swear smoke was blowing out of both of our ears. That day, our love was replaced with hate, and I honestly can't remember why. Towards the end, we always found ourselves in the dumbest arguments. That's why she left me. She packed her bags and found her own apartment because she was sick of the yelling and the tears.

I then pulled up to her apartment complex, my stomach doing flips. Everything was a blur, until there I was, standing in front of door #27.

I started doubting myself as I stood at her door, my knuckles hovering over the wood. Am I wasting my time? Does she even love me anymore?

I figured it was too late by now to have these thoughts. So, I went for it and knocked on her door. Shuffling could be heard on the other side of the door, and before I knew it, she was standing right before me. Her small figure was clad in leggings and one of my old sweatshirts she must have stolen. Her attire gave me a little hope that I was still on her mind. "R-Ross?" she stuttered, her (y/e/c) eyes possessing an unreadable look. I couldn't tell if it was relief, or surprise, or sadness.

"Hey," I mumbled as I suddenly found my feet more interesting.

"What are you doing here?" she asked nonchalantly.

I set all of my nerves aside and just poured my heart out. "Listen, I know things ended badly between us. You're hurt, and I'm hurt. But I honestly can't take another day of this emptiness. I admit it, you've got me whipped. I'm still so crazy in love with you," I rambled. She sighed as she pinched the bridge of her nose. That one gesture made me feel like I was, in fact, wasting my time. "Never mind, you're over it. I'll just leave you alone."

"Ross, wait," she called out just as I turned to leave. My eyes lit up as I looked back at her. "Do you want to come inside?" I nodded with a weak smile. She opened the door wider and stepped aside to let me in. She turned her back to me to close the door, and once she turned around, I had her pressed against the door in a bone-crushing hug.

"I'm so sorry for anything I ever said to you," I said, my voice being muffled by her shoulder.

She was silent for a moment, before she decided to respond. "I'm sorry too," she whispered as she accepted my embrace. 

"Can we start over?" I asked as I pulled away.

"I'd like that," she replied with a small smile.

"God, I love you," I sighed as I pressed my forehead against hers.

"I guess I do have you pretty whipped, huh?" she teased. I smiled and rolled my eyes. Then, I decided to press my lips against hers, and she kissed me back. It felt amazing to be able to kiss her again. It was a like a huge weight was lifted off my shoulders. "I love you too."