Is This Seat Empty? (Part 2)

(Y/N) P.O.V.

It was about a week after you met Ross. You two had texted until about two in the morning last night, going back and forth between random topics before you had to call it a night. As you laid in your bed, not quite ready to get up yet, you heard your phone vibrate against the nightstand. "I wonder who it could be," you spoke to yourself sarcastically. Grabbing your phone off of the nightstand, you turned the brightness of your screen down since your eyes were sensitive to the light.

Sexy Beast🙃: Good morning. How'd you sleep?

You: I slept ok. Did you need anything or are you just saying good morning?

Sexy Beast🙃: Both. I was wondering if you wanted to hang out tonight. I definitely prefer talking to you in person 😉

You: I guess I have nothing better to do 😂

Sexy Beast🙃: Ouch 😞

You: You're a big baby.

Sexy Beast🙃: I could be your baby 😘

You: Hold your horses there, Romeo. But sure, we can hang out later.

Sexy Beast🙃: Awesome. Meet me at the beach at 7.

You: It's a date 😊

After that, the texts stopped pouring in. You decided to get up and find something to do while you wait for your date. It was only 10 in the morning, so you were left to wait for 9 hours.

-Later that day-

It was 6:30, and you were finalizing your appearance before you went to see Ross. You left it casual, since he said you were just going to be at the beach. Then, your phone buzzed against your bathroom counter. Of course it was him.

Sexy Beast🙃: Excited to see you 😊

You: I wish I could say the same 😉

Sexy Beast🙃: Wow, you're a meanie

You: 😘

Ross didn't respond after that. You loved to tease him, especially over text. It was cute how he would pretend to be offended, although he was just playing along.

By 6:50, you were pulling out of the parking garage of your apartment complex. It was about a ten minute drive to the beach, so you were right on time. You parked your car and headed towards the sand. There wasn't as many people at the beach as you thought there would be.

You looked off into the distance to see a boy with blonde hair. He was sitting on a towel in the sand and loosely hugging his knees, watching the nearly setting sun. Bingo.

As much as you wanted to see him right away, you stood there for a couple minutes just watching him. He looked so innocent and beautiful.

Then you finally started walking over to him, your shoes in your hand.

"Hey blondie," you said as you plopped down next to him on the towel.

"Hey," he smiled warmly at you. "Long time no see."

"It's been a week, plus you've been constantly texting me," you laughed.

"Ever heard of sarcasm?"

"Yes, I have. It's a wonderful thing."

He just stared at you and smiled. There seemed to be some sort of twinkle in his eye, or maybe it was the reflection of the sun. "Take a picture, it'll last longer," you teased him.