Request for @teambarnes (Imagine #25)

*Ross's P.O.V.*

Courtney's legs draped over my thighs as we mindlessly watched whatever was on Netflix. I was bored out of my mind, but she seemed to be enjoying the show. She turned her attention away from the tv to place a small kiss on my cheek. I smiled, managing to cover up the odd feeling that followed. Wasn't there supposed to be a spark when your girlfriend kissed you? Isn't your stomach supposed to do flips at the littlest of things?

I always told myself that I'd feel it sooner or later. I'll fall in love soon. But I've been with her for four months, and there was still nothing.

Then, the sound of the front door swinging open pulled me away from my thoughts. "Sup, fuckers," I heard (Y/N) walk into the house. My lips immediately turned up into a smile at the sight of my best friend. She'd met my siblings and I roughly six years ago, and my smile never faltered by her side. She was hilarious and had an overall bright personality.

"Hey, kiddo," I called out.

"Didn't I tell you to stop calling me that?" I heard her laugh. She then appeared in the doorway of the living room. "Oh, hey, Courtney."

"Hi, (Y/N)," she mumbled back, completely uninterested. I rolled my eyes at her. It takes skill to not like someone like (Y/N).

"I'm gonna go find Rydel. Later, Rossy!" (Y/N) shouted over her shoulder as she made her way upstairs, fleeing from the awkward tension between the two.

"I don't want her calling you Rossy. Only I can call you that," she grumbled, possessively wrapping her arms around my neck.

"Babe, calm down. She's been calling me that for years, way before you came around."

"Still, you're my Rossy. Not hers," she replied. She placed a hard kiss on my lips, but I wasn't having it. I turned my head to the side, ending the forceful kiss. Once again, no spark.

"Not now," I mumbled, pretending to take interest in the tv show.

"Not ever, apparently," she whispered underneath her breath.

"I'm sorry, I'm just not feeling it right now," I apologized. She rolled her eyes and pulled her legs off my lap.

"I think I'm gonna go, we'll talk later," she sighed.

"Ok," I replied simply, standing up to walk her out. She stopped at the door and turned back to me.

"Are you okay, Ross?" she asked.

"Yup, I'm fine," I smiled at her, but it didn't reach my eyes.

"Ok," she shrugged off my weird behavior. She pecked my lips before opening the door. "Goodnight."

"Night," I muttered, closing the door after her. I pressed my back against the wood, rubbing a hand down my face. "What have I gotten myself into?" I whispered to myself. I sighed and started making my way to my room upstairs.

"I don't know, Delly. I don't think I can tell him just yet," I heard (Y/N) from the other side of Rydel's door. I let my curiosity get the best of me as I pressed my ear up to the closed door.

"Come on, you have to. Or I can talk to him if you want," Rydel offered.

"No, this isn't fifth grade. I'm not having a messenger owl," (Y/N) shot down immediately.

"You have to tell him sooner or later."

"What's the rush? I've liked him for as long as I've known him. Who says I can't wait any longer? And plus, he has a girlfriend."