Fighting (Imagine #12)

(Y/N) P.O.V.

"Why do you constantly have to know where I am!?" Ross raised his voice.

"Maybe because I'm worried about you, or maybe because I have separation anxiety!" you yelled back.

"Separation anxiety," he scoffed, "Maybe you should be less clingy." The venom in his words stung. You and Ross rarely ever fought, but when you did, he really got mad. You tried to deny the tears that were clouding your vision.

"I can't believe you just said that to me..." you whispered, your voice wavering. Now, the tears had won your inner battle. The warm liquid flowed down your cheeks, plummeting to the hardwood floor of your home. You stared at the ground, refusing to look Ross in the eye. He wasn't the sweet and cuddly Ross you knew and loved, he was someone else at the moment.

"(Y/N)..." he spoke quietly, his voice softened.

"Don't. Just leave me alone," you ordered, storming out of the room and up the stairs to your bedroom. Once you were in your room, you slammed the door behind you. You flopped onto your welcoming bed, burying your face in the pillows and continuing to cry. "At least you won't accuse me of being too clingy," you mumbled into the pillow.

-That Night-

You were woken up to the bedroom door creaking open. You didn't react, knowing it was Ross that walked in. You felt the bed dip beside you, while you still refused to give him your attention. He hesitantly put his arm around your waist, checking to see if you were awake. Since he thought you were sleeping, he pressed your back to his chest and nestled into your shoulder.

"I'm so sorry," he began. You still didn't react, letting him say what he needed to say. "I don't think you're clingy. Or maybe we both are and that just cancels it out." he slightly chuckled at that comment. "I guess work has just been stressing me out and I let it out on you. I know that's no excuse, but treating you the way I did earlier is inexcusable."

He sighed and nestled closer into your shoulder. "Sorry I'm a nag sometimes," you mumbled after the long silence. You felt him smile against your shoulder.

"You're not a nag... At least not all the time," he chuckled. You softly giggled, feeling more comfortable now that Ross was back to his happy self. He sighed again, this time with more content. "I love you. I'm sorry for blowing up on you."

"It's okay. I love you too, Ross."

"Can you turn around so I can kiss you?" he laughed.

"Nope," you teased, popping the 'p'. After your reply, Ross sat up and climbed over you. He was now hovering over you, staring between your eyes and your lips. He didn't even bother to ask for permission this time, he just cupped your cheek in his hand and kissed you. He was so passionate and sweet that you were left wanting more when he pulled away.

"I love you so much," he whispered, pressing his forehead against yours. Your eyes remained closed, savoring this moment.

"I love you too," you replied in a whisper. You two cuddled together for the rest of the night, Ross peppering you with kisses and apologies.