Don't Hurt Me (Imagine #17)

(Y/N) P.O.V.

"How many times do I have to tell you? I was not flirting with him!" You shouted back as the door slammed behind Ross. You had been bickering back and forth in the car, for the waiter at the restaurant was a little too friendly.

"It seemed like it! I don't like the way you were looking at each other!" He spat back as he met you in the living room.

"I barely even looked at the guy! I kept my eyes down to avoid the awkward tension," you reasoned as you threw your arms around.

"Bullshit," he muttered.

"Fine then! If you don't believe me then have fun on the couch tonight, dickhead!"

"I can't stand you sometimes!" he yelled. As his hand raised up, you flinched and cowered away. It was just an instinct. Some relationships you had in the past weren't as loving as you'd like them to be. As you braced yourself for the impact, there was nothing but silence. You peeled one eyelid open to see what he was going to do.

Ross stood still with glossy eyes. "You thought I was going to hit you," he spoke softly now. Your eyes stayed down, avoiding his gaze. He gently brought your chin up so you would look at him. "Baby, I would never hurt you. I was just throwing my arms around in frustration. You know we both can't talk without using our hands," he reasoned. He brought you into his arms, making sure to be extra gentle. You nestled into his neck, wrapping your arms around him.

"I'm sorry," you whispered.

"No, I'm sorry. Maybe I was overreacting. But I never want you to be afraid of me. I'm so disappointed in myself," he rambled as he rubbed circles on your back.

"Don't be. I just haven't been the same since... you know what," you responded. He pulled away and pressed his forehead against yours.

"Just please know that I am never going to hurt you. I love you so much."

"I love you too. Can we just forget this all ever happened?" you asked.

"Yea," he responded. He gently brought your face into his hands as he pressed his lips against yours. Your arms went around his neck, while his were situated on your waist.

For the rest of the night, you and Ross stayed cuddled up in bed. You lost track of how many times he apologized to you.