I Have Something to Tell You... (Imagine #15)

(Y/N) P.O.V.

"I can't believe this is actually happening. What is Ross going to think. Shit, he's gonna be so pissed," you paced around in the living room of Rydel's house.

"(Y/N), calm down. Knowing my brother, everything's gonna be fine," Rydel responded in hopes to calm you. No matter what she did to try to comfort you, you couldn't help but be so nervous.

"Rydel, I'm pregnant... This is serious. I have no idea how he's going to react," you continued to pace around the room as the worst-case-scenarios repeated in your mind.

"(Y/N), he loves you like crazy. I know everything's going to work out."

"Maybe. I just hope you're right," you sighed.

-Later that night-

"Hey babe, how'd it go at Rydel's?" Ross called from the living room of your home as you walked through the door.

"Fine," you answered vaguely. You made your way towards the living room and leaned against the doorway. He was watching something on tv and lounging on the couch. With his busy career, this was a rare sight.

"Fine? There's never a dull moment when you girls are together," he joked. It was true, you and Rydel did cause a ruckus sometimes. But hey, that's what best friends do.

"Let's just say today was a little different than most days," you responded, still leaning on the doorway.

"Ok?" he responded with a questioning tone. He immediately knew something was up.

You eventually peeled yourself off the wall and joined him on the couch. His arm instinctively went around your shoulder as you snuggled into his side. "Are you sure everything's ok? Is there something you wanna tell me?" he asked gently since he was never one to push for answers.

You sighed deeply because you were not mentally prepared for the news you were about to drop on him. You were carrying his child, so who knows what his reaction would be. Hopefully Rydel was right and Ross would be excited to become a father.

"Yea, actually there is something," you began. "Remember how I've been feeling a little sick lately?" He nodded his head, signaling you to explain further. "Well... I took a... test," you emphasized the word test.

"What kind of test? You're not sick, are you?" he instantly sounded nervous.

"Not exactly... Ross, I'm pregnant," you confessed. He just stared at you with an unreadable expression. It was hard to tell if it was pure shock, disbelief, or anything else. He was still.

"Are you serious?" he finally muttered. You nodded slowly. His hands immediately went to his scalp, ruffling his hair like he always did when he was thinking. "I'm gonna be a dad..." he mumbled to himself. He then looked at you with the widest smile plastered on his face. "Come here," he demanded with open arms. You went to hug him, but he just pulled you on top of his lap instead. His arms were wrapped tightly around your waist, his head buried in your neck.

"So I take it you're happy?" you asked as you ran your fingers through the hair on the nape of his neck.

"Extremely," he laughed happily, his voice muffled by your shoulder. "I love you so much," he mumbled as he placed kisses along your neck and collarbone.

"I love you too, Ross," you responded. "God, I can't tell you how nervous I was."

"Why?" he questioned as he pulled away from your neck to look at you.

"I didn't know what you would think. It was a 50/50 chance. Either you would be excited, or you'd get pissed off and leave me."

"50/50 chance? Babe, why the hell did you think I would leave you?" he asked with furrowed eyebrows. You just shrugged, not knowing exactly where the negative thoughts came from. "We're in this together until the very end. If having kids is apart of that, then hell, I'm in. I'm not letting you go, and especially not because you're carrying our child."

Once he finished off his little speech, you were in tears of joy. Ross wiped them away as soon as they appeared on your cheeks. You wrapped your arms back around his neck and just held him. "Thank you, Ross. You're gonna be an amazing father."

"You don't have to thank me. And I know you'll be a phenomenal mother," he replied as he rubbed circles on your back.

With Ross by your side, maybe this whole parenting gig wouldn't be too bad.