Flying (Imagine #8)

Ross P.O.V.

"Ok, Dad. Is everything ready?" I asked my dad as we triple checked the plane to make sure it was ready for flight.

"Yup. Everything seems to be in check. You've got plenty of fuel and your gauges are accurate," he reassured me.

"Ok, thanks Dad. I'll be back soon," I said as I made my way to my car. I was going to pick (Y/N) up to come flying with me. She thought I was in the studio but I actually planned a little surprise for her. She's never been in a plane before so I'm going to take her flying with me. I jumped in my car and started driving toward our house.

(Y/N) P.O.V.

You were sitting at home, extremely bored. Ross had left about an hour ago to go to the studio, leaving you at home. You laid on the couch, absentmindedly picking at your phone case while searching for something good on Netflix. When there was nothing to watch, you sighed and leaned back into the couch, tossing the remote on the coffee table. Just then the front door swung open, revealing a smiling Ross. "Babe, what are you doing here? I thought you left for the studio," you questioned.

"I lied. Now come on, I have a surprise for you," he said as he grabbed your hand and lifted you off the couch.

"Well at least let me get dressed first."

"Ok, well hurry up then," he stated, clearly impatient. After you finished getting ready you jumped into Ross's car. He pulled up at the airport and went through the security gates. Through the gates was a long run way with storage units neatly in rows on the sidelines.

"What are we doing at the airport?" you questioned. He looked at you with a smirk and chuckled.

"You'll see soon enough," he reassured you as he placed a hand on your thigh. He parked next to a storage unit with his dad standing next to it. The door was open and inside sat a little white plane. Of course you knew Ross was a pilot, but you still didn't know what you were doing. Maybe he wanted you to watch him fly or something. You got out of the car along with Ross and Mark waved you over.

"Ok, Ross, lets push this bad boy onto the runway," Mark referred to the plane. Once they had pushed it onto the runway, Ross jumped into the pilot seat and looked at you expectantly. Having no idea what he wanted, you stood still with a confused look.

Ross put on a headset as he looked back at you. "Well, you coming or what?" He asked me. Was he insane? You've never been in a plane before, especially not with Ross in the pilot seat.

"Hell no. I ain't going near that thing," you argued. You still had a slight fear of planes. Ross sighed and removed the headset, making his way over to you.

"Do you trust me?" he asked, grabbing your hands.

"Well, yea. Of course I do. But this is a plane we're talking about."

"If you trusted me then you would get on that plane. It's really fun, I promise. I wouldn't take you up there if it wasn't safe," he persisted. Sighing, you walked to the passenger side of the plane and hopped in. "That's my girl," he laughed. He got into the plane with you and told you to grab a headset. "They're connected to each other and this CB radio. That way we can communicate and if we need Dad for anything he can hear us too," he explained as you adjusted them to fit on your head. Ross fired up the plane as you fired up with anxiety.

"It'll be fine," he talked through the headset. He leaned over and placed a gentle, reassuring kiss on your lips.

"Alright, let's do this," you mumbled, looking out the window. You felt the plane ease forward as Ross gained speed. Soon enough you were being lifted off of the runway. As you rose higher in the air, you looked back down at the airport. The people standing at the ground looked like ants. You sat back and stared at the blue sky like you've never seen it before.

"You like it?" Ross asked, keeping his attention on the control panel and the open sky.

"Totally! I don't know what I was so afraid of."

After a long flight around the area, Ross finally landed the plane back on the runway. As you climbed out, you ran to Ross cheering. "Oh that was so fun!" He laughed and kissed your forehead.

"I knew you'd love it."

"Can we go again?"

"At sunset, I know how much you love sunsets." You cheered and waited for the beautiful flight you were a few hours away from going on.