Chapter 5: Lies

Michael's POV

I woke up in my boxers with Jordan next to me, half clothed. I tried to remember the events of last night, but my thoughts were hazy and my head was pounding. I wished Summer had stayed because then this could have probably been prevented. I tried to get out of the bed without waking Jordan up, but I was unsuccessful.

"Where are you going, Mike?" I hated getting called that.

I found my jeans on the floor and pulled them on. "Gotta get home," I said. I searched for my shirt, but couldn't find it. "Have you seen my shirt?" I asked, but then realized she was wearing it. "Can I have it please?"

She sat up and pulled it over her head. She threw it to me. "Thanks for last night, Michael."

I tried to remember what happened again and I really hoped I didn't sleep with her. "This can't happen again, Jordan. We aren't together anymore."

"We could be though. You're not with anyone. I'm not with anyone." She was sitting on her knees on the bed in front of me in her bra and underwear.

"Stop it Jordan. I broke up with you for a reason. This was a mistake."

"Michael, wait!" she called but ignored her and walked downstairs.

Luke was sitting at his kitchen table with a bowl of cereal. "Good night?" he asked. "I saw you go upstairs with Jordan."

I shrugged and sat beside him. "I shouldn't have. I can't lead her on because she'll think we're actually getting together."

"At least you got some, man."

I just nodded. Luke didn't understand. I wanted to keep Jordan in my past and I wished yesterday never happened. Worst of all, I felt like I hurt Summer and I had no idea why. "See you later," I said. I made the short walk back to my house. My mom was talking to me as I walked upstairs, but I ignored her and went to my room. I just wanted to sleep and forget that last night happened.

When I woke up, it was eight o'clock that night. I looked at my phone and had messages from Calum, Luke, and Jordan. Calum texted that I missed band practice. Luke said he was having another party tonight. I was going to just delete Jordan's text without looking at it, but decided to read it at the last second.

Hey Mike. I'm sorry if you thought last night was a mistake, but just so you know, we only made out. You kept saying Summer's name and I just couldn't do it. You obviously like her. She just doesn't seem like your type, but if she's what you want, I'll let you go.

I couldn't believe it. Had I really been saying Summer's name while I was with Jordan? It was possible, I couldn't stop thinking about kissing her and she looking gorgeous in that dress.

I texted Calum back apologizing for missing practice, saying I was sleeping off a horrible hangover. I honestly didn't feel like going to another party and being around people so I decided to just stay at home for the night. I didn't even text Luke back.

Summer's POV

"Are you sure I can't stay home, dad?"

"You aren't sick, Summer. This is not like you. Did something happen at school?"

We were sitting on my bed and I had tried to fake a fever. He saw right through me. It was worth a try at least.

"No, I just don't feel like going." It wasn't a lie. Nothing happened at school, it happened at the party.

My dad sighed and placed a hand on my knee. "Summer, I know it's hard moving to a whole new country and going to a new school. It's hard for Adam too. You can't let something prevent you from going to school."